PDA

View Full Version : Olly vs Olly donny shoot out..lol

scott.parker
03-02-05, 04:48 PM
Well just been reading this,and im not sure as i havent seen olly h's nova in action,but i did go on track agains olly tb's astra,and from my owne point of vew think olly tb will win,that cars well fast..

View post here on mig..
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=174329&page=1&pp=25

Scott

Philsutton
03-02-05, 05:07 PM
i think it will be quite close

benji
03-02-05, 05:41 PM
it won't be close, the astra will kill him, hewitt know this aswell but just tring to see how many on mig kick off about it. lol

Philsutton
03-02-05, 05:45 PM
well looking at the 1/4 mile times it doesnt look like he'll get killed, although i havent seen this astra in action. There is only really one way to find out :D

scott.parker
03-02-05, 05:47 PM
well looking at the 1/4 mile times it doesnt look like he'll get killed, although i havent seen this astra in action. There is only really one way to find out :D

Phil when i say that astra is a fast car mate turst me its fast! :D

scott

Chris
03-02-05, 05:50 PM

I have seen this car go round corners and yes it is rather rapid

Chris

nathan.
03-02-05, 06:04 PM
yeah i saw a video of him going round donnington, very quick. although, i don't know how ollyh drives.

benji
03-02-05, 06:04 PM
the nova will get killed, no doubt about it

Chris
03-02-05, 06:05 PM
I cant imagine any 'big block' nova going round corners like that astra

Chris

Nick
03-02-05, 06:20 PM
I cant imagine any 'big block' nova going round corners like that astra

Chris

saying that, wouldn't Jim beable to kick it's arse !?

Seeing as he has 168bhp in a small block.. ? which is even more than the 16v (although less torque)

Chris
03-02-05, 06:24 PM
This astra is running an XE on TB's

karl Rowntree
03-02-05, 06:25 PM
Olly H wont win as his head weighs his car down. Olly TB astra will wipe the floor with it. Hes a top driver and his cars mint :wink:

Karl

nathan.
16-02-05, 07:17 PM
it could be quite close between them now. Just read on mig olly h has fitted throttle bodies.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=180796&page=1&pp=25

burgo
16-02-05, 07:30 PM
i recon that astra bloke will win judging by the stats, his handling will be so much better due to much better suspension components

Chris
16-02-05, 07:35 PM
That astra is still bloody quick, it will take some serious beating, he can drive rather well too. I cannot comment on the driver of the nova but the lad in the astra is seriously quick

Chris

Dar
16-02-05, 07:56 PM
The diff in the Nova will make one hell of a difference. BUT hes down on HP. Plus OllyTB has track knowlage and can drive well.

Also from the stats the Astra has a much better BHP/Ton.

I must get there lap times so I can compare when I take mine to Donny this year. 8)

Its going to be the Astra all the way. :twisted:

Dar
16-02-05, 08:15 PM
Ahh (Nova has now got TB's), I've just finished reading the thread now and now I think if the drivers abilities are equal then its going to be the Nova, if his driving is up to it. The BHP/Ton for each car is almost the same, plus the Nova has the all important LSD.

burgo
16-02-05, 08:29 PM
Ahh (Nova has now got TB's), I've just finished reading the thread now and now I think if the drivers abilities are equal then its going to be the Nova, if his driving is up to it. The BHP/Ton for each car is almost the same, plus the Nova has the all important LSD. lol ive just read that aswell. so now hes only down 10bhp but 60kg's lighter its gona be very close indeed

alistairolsen
16-02-05, 09:00 PM
not going to close at all imo, but Ill wait and se whats coming next lol

benji
16-02-05, 09:10 PM
my moneys still on olly in the astra.

i know someone who is 'allegedy' using timing equipment in his red 1.4 nova :wink: not that i would use the kit i got for christmas as is very very bad, and against the rules :D

nathan.
16-02-05, 09:11 PM
Olly h - nova 2.0 16v tb's - 181 bhp. - 797 kg - slippy diff

ollytb - astra mk1 2.0 16v - 190 bhp - 850kg - standard diff

benji
16-02-05, 09:15 PM
olly tb is running yoko ao48's olly h is running toyo proxies, astra's gonna win

raza
16-02-05, 09:17 PM
just watched all them vids of that nova it looks fucking ace and it shifts

Philsutton
16-02-05, 09:43 PM
i'll batter them both lol

raza
16-02-05, 09:48 PM
lol im gonna have to get me some of them carbs look like little flutes :D and they sound ace

Philsutton
16-02-05, 09:52 PM
you know its right even if its only for sound mmmmmmmmmm

raza
16-02-05, 09:53 PM
In it they hard to fit? could get some but wunt no about fitting them or they have to be pro done?

nathan.
16-02-05, 09:55 PM
yeah, i still think ollytb is gonna be quicker. that video he posted up was awesome, very fast.
does olly h have any track experience?

scott.parker
16-02-05, 11:48 PM
Now im depressed :cry:

dhdev (Oli)
17-02-05, 07:56 AM
Lets not give up on the nova!! lets make it a threesome, I'm also an Olly and i'm willing to have a go at all challengers on the track :evil: I've got the power of a 2.0l with the handling of a small block :twisted:

dhdev (Oli)
17-02-05, 08:03 AM
just looked at the migweb thread and heres my spec
Olly Danker
1.6 16v nova
Throttle bodies and then some!
167bhp/119lb/ft
15" wheels
A539 195/45
Fixed rate/height dampers
Standard bushes
16v disks
standard rear drums
SD 6pt cage
Buckets and harnesses
Quaife ATB
Glass
approx 700kg unladen
14.2s @98mph (with knackered unset-up engine)
1xsnetterton, 1x curborough, 2xnurburgring, 1x bruntingthorpe, 2x trax

dhdev (Oli)
17-02-05, 08:06 AM
just read the drivers weights lol :lol:
driver; DHdev (olly D) 10st
co-driver; Novaneil 6.5st? (and thats when he's just eaten :lol: )

Dar
17-02-05, 10:17 AM
I've been thinking about how this and to be honest if the cars are on the track at the same time it isn't going to be a true representation of how the cars compare.

This is bacause they are so well matched that even if the faster car is behind it won't be easy to overtake and its dead easy to make it difficult for cars to overtake you as well.

Plus because its a trackday you can't go diving in to corners outbreaking other cars. Well not unless they allow that at Donny but I haven't been to a trackday that allows this. Thats because its about having a bit of fun and blasting your car around the track and not racing other cars.

So I think it would be fair to also have a set of timed laps for each car. The fastest lap time wins.

Not that anyone will take any notice of this but I thought it was worth a mention.

dhdev - If your in on this then my money is on you :twisted: Not because you have a small block engine but because you have a better BHP/Ton and you have the diff :)

Im a bit gutted I can't take my car :( then I could prove that 2l Nova's do handle. ho hum.

ollster
17-02-05, 10:47 AM
i should ge my car finished and have a go too becuase it would be olly hewitt vs olly hewitt vs olly then lol :lol:

NovaNeil
17-02-05, 12:41 PM
The Oli above (DHDEV) is going to whop both there ass's!!!!!!!! :!:

Im his co-driver :P

Neil

NovaNeil
17-02-05, 12:47 PM
co-driver; Novaneil 6.5st? (and thats when he's just eaten )

Oih!!!!!! I weigh 7.5 Stone now...... 7.0 when I take a dump :lol:

dhdev (Oli)
17-02-05, 01:04 PM
Make sure u take a dump then :D don't want u slowing me down :lol:

how much do u weigh cos i reckon our combined weight is prob close to one of the other oli's :lol:

scott.parker
17-02-05, 02:25 PM
lmao at you two,neil if you weigh that little you will pass out when olly takes you out in the car round the track..

And Dar yes mate i think thats the best way,they should get timed at track side then compair times,we did this last time when we went..
lol i was in the slower range,i got 1.34 (but was my fist run at donny,thats my excuse :wink: ) i know benji and karl got faster times.

Though at this point lads it looks as im not going to this,as i have been of work dude to hurting my arm,and now im finding it hard to find work,so im kinda skint(so to speak) TB's/diff/Cage/and anyother goodies on hold :(

Scott

Matt_2ltr_16v
17-02-05, 04:06 PM
reckon its gonn abe very close but the Nova will take it.
u gotta remember that track days r arranged for fun and not for racing! so there will be no proper race goin on. just 2 blokes driving fast round a track!

Mike.
17-02-05, 04:55 PM
its too close too call really because the astra out weighs the nova but the astra has the more power, that surely would make the cars fairly equal, at the end of the day its down to the driver

scott.parker
17-02-05, 05:15 PM
Well sorry to olly H as i have not seen him drive,but i still would put money on olly TB,as i have seen his driving skill,he's good and that astra is fast with really really good handling,i think the astra is better suted to the engin,as they built to take a big engine like that..

Where i know my self the nova just was not ment for it,even when you get a nova with a C20XE in it's still not going to handle great if you put the best susspension set up money could buy,the engine sits to far forward over the axis,making understeer a problem,when you look at a small block engine such as jims,or dans you see they sit perfect with the main wieght sat dead center at point of axis..

Some times i wonder if i made the right choice,and i think i would use a c16xe if i could do it again,just to get better handling,but for power,to the amount it coast's the C20xe is best..

Scott

Philsutton
17-02-05, 05:31 PM
the mk1's never came with 2.0's though did they? i thought they came with more nova like engines?

scott.parker
17-02-05, 05:51 PM
the mk1's never came with 2.0's though did they? i thought they came with more nova like engines?

True they wer 1.8 tge's but still they are better matched to the engine then the nova,im sure there must be others out there that can fill in the gaps better then i could..

Scott

benji
17-02-05, 06:48 PM
the 1.8's are big blocks same as the 2l 8v

novashed
19-02-05, 02:55 PM
yeah, i still think ollytb is gonna be quicker. that video he posted up was awesome, very fast.
does olly h have any track experience?

olly H is a good mate of mine. hes had some track experience in his previous car mk3 astra LET.

ive done a lot of work on this nova after he smashed it when returning home from fitting his bucket seats wiht him. the car is awsome, hes a good driver, still getting used to the car though, i reckon itl be close, especially with TB`s fitted, didnt need them though fast a F*CK in the first place weighing absolutely nothing.

Jonlem
21-02-05, 02:32 PM
The nova is certainly a quicker track car with the diff, it would be very close but it could easily be decided from driver capability.

I was supposed to be driving my mates 300bhp let nova with a diff but last night he chose to break it rather than risk bugering anything up on the track day, so we'll be coming in my car that I've been rebuilding, one slight problem is that its not finished yet and i've only got 6 days to do it,

eitherway way, its going to be a good ay for us all

benji
21-02-05, 07:01 PM
it's gonna snow

alistairolsen
21-02-05, 08:03 PM
that should make for some fun lol!