PDA

View Full Version : Car moved for first time in 17 months

Lee H
03-02-05, 12:23 PM
At last the car has moved out of the garage. Unfortunately it was only onto the back of a low loader but its the first sign of progress there has been in ages. Had trouble getting it up onto the thing as its too low, nearly ripped the intercooler clean off :o

It has gone to a mates garage for rather a lot of extra strenghtening. Its having the remaining couple of plates of the Harry Hockly kit welded in, bit more seam welding around the engine bay and then all the rear turrets are having stitch welding. I have also managed to get all the discs to weld in the drain holes (thanks Rick) and am going to get the transmission hole welded up to fit a Cav shifter. All in all quite a bit of work and then the inside is going to be painted in the body colour.

Will try and get some pics up as it progresses.

Cheers for reading.

Adam Moran
03-02-05, 01:00 PM
This was 1 of the first cars i saw when i joined the Nova scene. Fell in love with it and i may have even offered to buy it if i remeber correctly lol

good luck with it Lee ;-)

Ad

raza
03-02-05, 01:01 PM
Car looks well nice m8

-Bruce-
03-02-05, 03:17 PM
It does look like a realy nice car Lee. And im sure it has a great engine lol.

Some pics of what you have been doing wouldbe interestng veiwing.

Bruce

SREmma
03-02-05, 03:23 PM
:) Very nice car mate looks good.

martweaver
03-02-05, 05:11 PM
Good stuff mate, sounds like things are moving along. I am in the same situation at the moment - trying to find time to spend on it is difficult for me and the lads helping. Get some pics up!!!

Mart

PS - whats the deal with welding the drainage holes up - heard of this a few times but always been a bit dubious

Riggy
03-02-05, 05:12 PM
nice one matey you and tony sorting there cars in the same week lol will have to nip down one weekend and let us have a nosy at the runaround aswell lol :lol:

Mel
03-02-05, 09:00 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say..can't wait to see this in the flesh.

This is one of the nova's that will be worth the wait to see.

Lee H
03-02-05, 09:48 PM
Good stuff mate, sounds like things are moving along. I am in the same situation at the moment - trying to find time to spend on it is difficult for me and the lads helping. Get some pics up!!!

Mart

PS - whats the deal with welding the drainage holes up - heard of this a few times but always been a bit dubious

Only reason I am doing it is so it all looks a bit tidier when the inside is painted. Don't know what the function is though really.

krobinson
03-02-05, 11:06 PM
Sounds good lee mate, hopefully i'll get a chat to you sometime in the year! Looking forward to seeing the car :D

Keith

Breeny
04-02-05, 12:56 PM
Wahey we are all progressing 8) Nice one Lee!

Mine moved about 10 metres to the other side of the workshop.. I wrote something in the 3 inch thick dust on the roof as well... progress or whatttt 8)

raza
04-02-05, 01:54 PM
lol much to do with the car?