PDA

View Full Version : Cruise for cancer

MyNovaSr
03-02-05, 12:20 PM
Hi there all. I know first hand as my mum unfortunately died as a result of the disease :( , over the past months we have probably all had friends or family that have contracted cancer. Now what we here in Peterborough were thinking was setting up a ?cruise for cancer?. We would start from lands end at the south of the country and end up in Inverness Scotland. All the people that wanted to join on route could do so, the more the better. I have to stress that all money would be going to charity. After the ?cruise? we could set up a party possibly in a central location. It seems like a good idea in theory, please leave your thoughts and ideas on the subject. Should be good although my mate does have a Saxo tho (hisssssss).

Cheers,

Peter. :D

Stuart
03-02-05, 12:35 PM
kinda similar to the comic relief thing

id donate but not take part.

provided it goes to cancer reseach fo the macmillan fund.

good cause, give positive feedback peeps!

Chris
03-02-05, 12:46 PM
My self and Dan_Mk1 were looking at trying to organise something like this for Christie's hospital at Manchester last year to raise money for them. It was going to be very difficult as everyone wanted to take different routes and what not. There has to be a lot of planning by you (the organisers) as everyone will want to know where you are going to be staying, how much it will cost, how you will actually be raising money etc.

I say if you have enough time on your hands then go for it!!!! It will take a lot of organising though, but will be very very rewarding for you at the end of it. Myself and a few others last year organised a memorial meet last year for a young man who passed away from this site and we managed to raise over 450pounds for christies, the feeling was really good once we had got people together and it all worked fine. I would be like cambridge though, I would donate but probably not enter as I am really busy with, work, shows and holidays for the rest of the year

Chris

raza
03-02-05, 12:48 PM
sounds a good idea:)

Adam Moran
03-02-05, 12:53 PM
One of my friends has just been told that she has cancer, to say i'm gutted is a complete understatement :cry:

I will donate but can not attend due to being stuck in the arse end of the country.

Ad

SREmma
03-02-05, 03:21 PM
It does sound like a good idea and i would be more than happy to donate money for cancer research as i to have had close people to me die of Cancer. Last year myself and my partener did a 10 k run for cancer research and i raised ?250 and it does make you feel really good afterwards. I wouldnt do this myself but as i said i will donate money!!

Good luck with the organising!

MyNovaSr
03-02-05, 05:32 PM
Thanks all for the positive feedback. At the moment we are trying to see what the police would have to say if we were to go ahead with the cruise. It would be on the other hand dependant on people taking part. Maybe someone could let me know when it is school holidays, bank holidays etc. Does anyone agree that it should take part on a bank holiday? Anyhow keep up with the positive feedback :) ,

Pete.

Jack
03-02-05, 06:53 PM
Bank holiday could be busy traffic-wise, especially towards the summer.

I'd be interested in taking the GT-Four out, if I can arrange a bank loan for fuel lol

raza
03-02-05, 06:56 PM
i see a nissan 200 Sx i think thats what it was big fucking car and looked well nice for sale wanted ?1200 for it but it looks mint would be a nice car to have bnut i bet its got a big insurance tag on it

Jack
03-02-05, 07:02 PM
i see a nissan 200 Sx i think thats what it was big f**k car and looked well nice for sale wanted ?1200 for it but it looks mint would be a nice car to have bnut i bet its got a big insurance tag on it
Not really. Although you can get cheaper insurance on similar cars (hence the GT-Four).

And ?12k is VERY excessive for an SX, unless its an S15 Silvia. You can pick up a mint S14a for about ?5-6k.

Sure it wasn't a Skyline R33?

Chris
03-02-05, 07:04 PM
i see a nissan 200 Sx i think thats what it was big f**k car and looked well nice for sale wanted ?1200 for it but it looks mint

Surely that would of been an S13?

raza
03-02-05, 07:04 PM
ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED NOT 12000 lol thats why its such a bargain he has like 3 of them in his garage bother owners have one each and there selling one

Nick
03-02-05, 07:08 PM
my grandad had cancer in the pituritory gland (i think) which is a very important gland near the base of the brain. However he's made a full recovery.

Therefor i'd be willing to make a donation, but really, i have no chance of making that distance in my 1.2 :-)

Jack
03-02-05, 07:10 PM
Oops :oops: ok i'll learn to count now :lol:

?1200 for an S13 would be about right, for a fair condition one. How old are you? They're well established jap drift cars (more so than the S14 and S14a) so the insurance might be a touch tricky.

Mike.
03-02-05, 07:39 PM
my uncle died of cancer 2 years ago so i'll make a donation, i can't make it there due to the fact i can't drive yet

raza
03-02-05, 08:15 PM
nope a big creamy coloured 200 SX really nice and long car ?1200 ill take a pic tomoz with my cam

Jack
03-02-05, 08:45 PM
Doesn't sound like an s14 or s14a then, afaik they didn't come in a creamy colour...

If you get some pics, post them up in a new thread - I think we've hijacked enough of this thread for now :oops:

MyNovaSr, have you posted this on other car sites/forums too?

Chris
03-02-05, 08:48 PM
S13's came in a metallic gold, I nearly bought one

Chris

MyNovaSr
09-02-05, 06:16 PM
Do people think it would be a good idea for this cruise to go ahead?

Cheers,

Pete 8) .

sh0rty
09-02-05, 08:59 PM
say your all willing to donate ?20 yeh...why do you not do what i do and do a standing order every month. minimum is ?2 which makes ?24 for year, and your all willing to donate as a once off. just a thought why not set it up etc, then your continuously helping :)

as for the cruise, if your up for organising it etc do it, but as everyone has mentioned, a lot of people due to work commitments/family etc will not be able to attend.

good luck anyway

Jack
10-02-05, 12:29 AM
I'd definately be up for bringing the GT-Four out to play, would probably only be from here (somerset) down to Cornwall and back tho, don't think I could afford the fuel for the full journey!! Couple of my friends also seem interested too.

MyNovaSr
10-02-05, 11:37 AM
At first we decided to go the length of the country. What we might do now is a smaller trip . 4 hour trip with a gathering somewhere. People around where we park up can pay to see the cars. Might work, just trying to work out the route, how many people cost etc. Keep ya thoughts coming in,

cheers. :)