PDA

View Full Version : shootout time again

benji
03-02-05, 12:21 AM
i've posted this on novaload and roybacer.

last year the shootout was a great day with quite a good turnout, so we should do one again this year. the earlier we start organizing it the more people 'should' attend. so when is good for everyone? last year's was the 23rd of may how about doing it the same weekend this year?

i thought i would ask and get the ball rolling.

cheers

ben.

Ian
03-02-05, 01:00 AM
late on in year, let everyone get chamce to have cars done. like september when the first nova one was done

nova---chris
03-02-05, 04:25 AM
perhaps have 2?
Let the first one happen may time
then later on in the year for all the lazy ones to get along?

Id like to have a bash against the RB lot again.
Hopefully with the new mods and a bit more traction some low 13s should be on the cards at worst!

Well done to cp last time for dodging all the cars in pitlane and getting times of people. even if he didnt know em! lol.

Chris
03-02-05, 12:17 PM
I would be up for that if it is later on in the year, probably not may time though as it will be a bit close to me returning from Belgium, Chris

Philsutton
03-02-05, 12:23 PM
i'd be up for it again, just when it gets a bit warmer an my car is done

Rexy
03-02-05, 01:43 PM
Still thnk a nova Vs saxo Would be fun..

Philsutton
03-02-05, 01:46 PM
It would be fun and make make a point

Rexy
03-02-05, 01:47 PM
im gona head off to a saxo site then :lol:

Philsutton
03-02-05, 01:54 PM
at last someone that wants to do it as well, normally when i meantion it people start going on about how good they are. I doubt they saxo boys would want to though, more interested in sucking each other off

Rexy
03-02-05, 02:04 PM
Lmfbo...

Some of the Saxo's are very powerful, Some arnt and a lot of them can't drive for shit.

So, Would this have to be a two part event, One on the pod the other on a track?

Philsutton
03-02-05, 02:06 PM
Either way they'll leave realsising their cars are shit

Ian
03-02-05, 02:11 PM
how the fuck are you going to have a saxo v nova day on the track?

Rexy
03-02-05, 02:11 PM
LMFBO...

-Bruce-
03-02-05, 03:10 PM
Yeh i would be up for some sort of shoot-out! For me it would have ot be later on in the year, as the car will not be on the road or just gettin run in.

But as chris says maybe have two dates, so there wouldbe more of a spread of people coming allong.

Sounds like top fun though.

Bruce

Riggy
03-02-05, 05:16 PM
same aplies for me really lads will be well up for it later on when my new cars is all built and running fine :lol:

Dpnova
03-02-05, 05:31 PM
if the cars finished ill be there laying down rubber :D

Chris
03-02-05, 05:52 PM

Will you have enough power to spin the wheels?

raza
03-02-05, 05:53 PM
lol

Dpnova
03-02-05, 05:58 PM
shut up lol

nathan.
03-02-05, 06:02 PM
i'd be up for it. anytimes good.

scott.parker
03-02-05, 06:03 PM

LOL soft suthner carnt apply power :lol:

scott

Nick
03-02-05, 06:24 PM
if it turns out it's later than may i'l be up for it, as the engine has been started now.

I'l like to see a Nova v Saxo day, I've never seen a "suped" up Saxo, i've seen a VTR turbo, but it wasn't very quick tbh.

Snowface
03-02-05, 08:15 PM
i'd be well up for this lol. Are we talking Pod or Track?

scott.parker
03-02-05, 08:40 PM
i'd be well up for this lol. Are we talking Pod or Track?

It was pod last year mate easyest way to do it really.

scott

Chris
03-02-05, 08:46 PM
I would prefer track as it will give us a bit more of competition, anyone can go straight rather quick

Chris

nova---chris
03-02-05, 11:21 PM
And the other thing is.
The shoot out would have to be pod! Not a track one.
I could see a track session turning sour tbh and someones car getting wrote of!

The other way round things is a shoot out at a spring track like curborough sprint track. where everyone gets a single lap shoot out!
or something to that effect.
But id prefer pod!

srs1
03-02-05, 11:29 PM
agreed pod would be better. at the end of it, its only a straight run like chris said, if you go for the track, it could get messy.

scott.parker
03-02-05, 11:55 PM
And the other thing is.
The shoot out would have to be pod! Not a track one.
I could see a track session turning sour tbh and someones car getting wrote of!

The other way round things is a shoot out at a spring track like curborough sprint track. where everyone gets a single lap shoot out!
or something to that effect.
But id prefer pod!

curborough sprint track.

Chris what an idea!! that place is ace to test driver skills and your cars ability,i loved it up there much more fun for driver and entertaining to watch.. great idea..

scott

SRlew
05-02-05, 09:28 PM
i'd well be up for this if its later in the year cause it'll give me time too actually get my lessons out of the way, pass my test and get some experience!
it'd also give me and my brother some time to force some more ponies out of our cars.

Jonlem
06-02-05, 12:01 PM
Count me in, last year was a right laugh

Dan
06-02-05, 01:04 PM
well after reading this thread we should have one day for the peeps south of the border, and a later date for all the lazy northerners who are dragging their backsides along the ground :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan_mk1
07-02-05, 07:20 PM

scott

Says the northerner who applies too much power :wink: :lol:

scott.parker
08-02-05, 01:22 AM

scott

Says the northerner who applies too much power :wink: :lol:

HA,yes so true it was,but then i have the power there in the first place to be able to applie it..! :lol:

Dan you must come out in my car round a track like donnington,ok its no hot handeler,but you will love the hole experiance of it,it's just so much fun :wink:

Scott

Chris
08-02-05, 01:41 AM
I enjoyed it :lol:

Snowface
08-02-05, 12:27 PM
HA,yes so true it was,but then i have the power there in the first place to be able to applie it..! :lol:

Dan you must come out in my car round a track like donnington,ok its no hot handeler,but you will love the hole experiance of it,it's just so much fun :wink:

Scott

did i hear benji managed to get past you at Donnington?

scott.parker
08-02-05, 03:11 PM

Scott

did i hear benji managed to get past you at Donnington?

Yes mate he did,his car handles much better then mine dose round at donnington,and benji has drove the track a lot more then me,(was first time)so i wernt going to push my self harder then need be..

Scott

benji
08-02-05, 05:19 PM
sorry scott :oops:

scott.parker
08-02-05, 06:55 PM
sorry scott :oops:

Dont be sorry mate,we both know your car is the better handleing one,and your a better driver(at least on that track :wink: ) so it was fair game,i know you wernt going to back down,you wanted to go past,and i recon you would of even used force :o :lol:

Scott

benji
08-02-05, 07:08 PM
probably, lol. you coming to the next one?? you know you want to.

scott.parker
09-02-05, 12:37 AM
Mate yeah you know i want to,thoug im thinking the less i spend on things that i really dont need to spend on,i can then sort out the car,and save some money,as i really still want to do Nurburgring,but again dont wish to waste money before hand etc...(must think i have been of for TWO weeks at the end of this week due to hurting my arm,thats a lot of money to loose)

But yeah i reocn i will,lol...want a few goodies in first,and get it serviced(check over by my mate) :wink:

Scott

benji
09-02-05, 01:10 AM
good lad, get yourself up down there(up?)

scott.parker
09-02-05, 01:15 AM
good lad, get yourself up down there(up?)

LOL will try it's up,about 45 mins up north.M42. A42 :wink:

Scott