PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this Nova sport will go for??

NovaloadedAgain
02-02-05, 12:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=4524470913&rd=1

I think about ?800-?1000

Rexy
02-02-05, 12:49 PM
Q: it being a 1300 sport wat bhp is it
A: It books at 103bhp due to the carbs manifold etc....but on the log book it is described as a nova base which means cheap insurance (group 5)

Dick, Do your homework...

How dare you question a sport's performance...

NovaloadedAgain
02-02-05, 12:51 PM
Ive got the same spec almost as the sport. Except mines probably got more power, & it will have alittle when I get the 285 cam & 4 branch put on.

Ive got the sport carbs & they do sound good.

Rexy
02-02-05, 12:53 PM
U can't beat the original tho, gawd I love the nova sport if i could afford one i would buy one... :(

NovaloadedAgain
02-02-05, 12:56 PM
Yeah me too mate, Ive got a nice lookin car but a sport would do nicely.

I really wish I could have one of them, All restored & completely standard. Graet fun.

dunova
02-02-05, 01:20 PM
Looks like it's had abit of a front end shunt to me. That drivers wing looks quite flared :?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/tezray/novasport.bmp

kevw
02-02-05, 01:42 PM
I saw that this morning and thought of Benji straight away! (he said in another post he's been looking on eBay for a sport)

Gunzi
02-02-05, 02:54 PM
When I had blue smoke coming from my exhaust it was a funked piston ring so it was engine rebuild time.....

raza
02-02-05, 03:35 PM
hmm just put the reg number on a hpi check for that nova and it came back as a
Make: VAUXHALL
Model: NOVA BASE

does this mean it isnt a Nova sport? or what .. i dont no but that is what is came back as .. just thought id let yall no

raza
02-02-05, 03:38 PM
and on insurace web site come back as a Vehicle to be insured : 1985 Vauxhall Nova L so god knows surely would come back as a vauxhall nova sport ...

Lee H
02-02-05, 03:39 PM
All Nova Sport are listed as base models on the logbook as far as I know.

raza
02-02-05, 03:41 PM
okiedoke dint no if the person who is selling it was trying to rip people off saying it was somthing it aint .. Just thought it was a good idea to let people no .. :)

ANDYRACER
02-02-05, 04:53 PM
i contacted the guy about it and he wants 500 quid for it its only good for the twin 40s and the engine bay has started to rot its fucked not worth 500.

benji
02-02-05, 05:11 PM
i'd pay ?500 for it. it's been played around with though by the look of it, e.g. clocks changed. electric windows and central locking fitted

yes kev i am looking for a sport. the last one on ebay went for just over a grand and didn't look in great condition. i don't want to pay load's for it and am looking for one that needs some tlc. i would also be nice to get one with the irmsher cam in it.

Riggy
02-02-05, 05:36 PM
in my opinion if that sells for 500 its a bargain

bad condition ones like benji said stll fetch over a grand

Matt Nova
02-02-05, 05:40 PM
i'd love a sport and lots of money to make a minter out of it :D

Jack
02-02-05, 07:26 PM
My reserve is ?500
That is a bargain for a sport, even if its bashed around a bit. Consider the Carbs and manifold alone would set you back about ?250.... Although it is missing the Irmscher airbox.

and on insurace web site come back as a Vehicle to be insured : 1985 Vauxhall Nova L so god knows surely would come back as a vauxhall nova sport ...
I'm sure someone can clarify, but afaik thats the homologation rules; the car has to be based on a standard model (in this case the Nova "L"), and I believe the dealers aren't even allowed to sell it for any extra money when new. Hence why my new GT-Four WRC just says its a std GT-Four on the logbook.

I thought Sports had a small spoiler?

Snowface
02-02-05, 07:42 PM
Q: it being a 1300 sport wat bhp is it
A: It books at 103bhp due to the carbs manifold etc....but on the log book it is described as a nova base which means cheap insurance (group 5)

Dick, Do your homework...

How dare you question a sport's performance...

Sport is 89bhp standard.

+ another 9/10bhp ish if it has the Optional Irmscher cam.

benji
02-02-05, 07:51 PM
highest bidder is foyw. is that will?

Ojc
02-02-05, 07:57 PM
More than likely

cornish
02-02-05, 08:27 PM
If i had ?500 i would snap that up!

Mike.
02-02-05, 08:36 PM
very rare cars these days i would love one but i have to concentrate on driving and keeping my job lol

i think it would go for just under a grand

dan-hipgrave
02-02-05, 10:10 PM
I came so close to buying a fully restored Sport a couple of months back - was up for sale at ?1200 and had loads of history, and a rolling road printout of 104bhp!! Didnt get it in the end because the bloody bank refused my application for a loan, its probably still for sale as well...

rhs98
02-02-05, 10:57 PM
Altons really close to me (where its being sold from apparently). Its about 10/12 miles away.

I might be able to go take a look...

JonL
02-02-05, 11:16 PM
Interestingly enough, my nova comes up as a Nova Sport on some insurance websites, even though its a 1990 1l model :s

Car details
Make: VAUXHALL
Model: NOVA SPORT,1297cc,3dr(1985-1985)
Registration number: G145YOW
Year of registration: 1990

weird!!

Also it looks like its had a new drivers side front wing, it doesn't have the graphics on as far as i can tell

burgo
02-02-05, 11:49 PM
id love to have a sport in my back garden :( infact it would be in a heated carpeted garage with soothing music playing lol

NovaloadedAgain
03-02-05, 07:55 AM
Yeah that sport isnt the best but Its a piece of kit thats very special. I think whoever played with it was a fool, Electric windows etc! Keep it standard!

Needs a good restoration & some nice revolutions & will be a show piece. Ive got the irmscher airbox & sport carbs & there pretty hard to come by now.

Seems me & Benji have something in common I love the sport too.
Didnt the car come with Irmscher cam as standard??? for better lift with the twin 40's?

peester
03-02-05, 07:58 AM
Didnt the car come with Irmscher cam as standard??? for better lift with the twin 40's?
not standard; not all cars - it was an option. afaik 93odd is more the bhp sports have. the 100-odd is only from this irmscher cam fitted, but not all would have it it was an optional extra... how cool is that.? :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
03-02-05, 08:35 AM
Oh right, Would have thought that would be a standard component for that type of car. Wonder if that one has the cam.

Im really interested in the Nova sport but I personally think its been thrashed & Uncared for for a very long time. I think its got a replacement drivers side wing too. Although im still considering hittin the bid button!!!
Belmont alloys & electrics! Not on a sport! It hasnt been an enthusiasts car. Its parked there uncared for & abused.

Also the car was based on a cheap 'SR' the 'L'. So that makes insurance interesting...

Anybody got a sport can you please tell me...The sport came with twin 40's as standard, The cam an optional extra. So when insuring the vehicle do they Not know about the twins & The car shows as an 'L'?

Will F
03-02-05, 10:13 AM
I am the highest bidder! And dont really care about the condition (unless its a real lemon) if its as he has advertised it shouldnt be a problem....

Not as nice as the other Sport on there a few weeks ago...

NovaloadedAgain
03-02-05, 12:17 PM
I really do like this car. Good luck Will. Least it'll be going to a genuine enthusiast.

Hope its not too badly rotten or anything. Could be a smashin car if restored.

SRimon
03-02-05, 02:18 PM
Its missing the Irmscher rocker cover too

Doesn't look too bad tho, shame its been modified tho :cry:

NovaloadedAgain
03-02-05, 02:23 PM
Yeah shame, Im not sure if the rocker cover was an added extra, But theres a guy selling some fakes on eBay!

Mark T
03-02-05, 08:36 PM
sorry not read all of the post but it has no irmisher airbox, or rocker cover and has electric windows and central locking. Is it just a C plate nova with twin 40's and some sport sickers?

Jack
03-02-05, 08:40 PM
Is there any way to check by the chassis number etc?