PDA

View Full Version : few things such as little black box centre heaters and scrap

ESXrugbyplaya17
01-02-05, 12:05 PM
does ne one know y my centre hreaters only blow out cold air where as the other two blow out hot? and i have found a little black box on the footwell shelf by the drivers side does ne one know what woiuld happen if i pull it out? and ne one know of ne decent scrappeys where i can find nova parts around the essex area cheers guys

Philsutton
01-02-05, 12:37 PM
all novas blow out cold air formt he central vents, its just the way they were built.

and i have found a little black box on the footwell shelf by the drivers side does ne one know what woiuld happen if i pull it out
might be the central locking relay thingy, but i thought that was on the passager side, or ecu

novalew
01-02-05, 01:14 PM
damned airvents siliconed mine up!!!

someone told me that the box controls somethin under the bay???

i aint got a clue orther than that

Rexy
01-02-05, 01:30 PM
It depends, I've got a little Black box too but its for my central locking, I also had a little black box on one of my sr's and i think that was somthing todo with the ignition (lucas) was printed on it. I may be mistaken.

Jules
01-02-05, 01:34 PM
Centre vents are fresh air vents and all blow out cold air.

I suspect the black box on the drivers side might be something to do with the central locking (Normally passenger side) or more likely part of the headlight dipped/full beam system.

Performance Vauxhall Spares Centre in Walton-on-naze: 01255 670670

Snowface
01-02-05, 06:06 PM
i got a little black box on drivers side. its got cooling fins on it and has a large plastic plug in it.

Its screwd to the underside of parcel shelf.

Someone mentioned ages ago it might be something to do with windscreen wipers.

I've driven car with it un-plugged though and wipers still work and car runs just same.

Riggy
01-02-05, 06:16 PM
yup jules is right
its the dim-dip relay for your headlights :lol:

Ste_Nova
01-02-05, 06:16 PM
box is for dip dim headlights... you can bin it if you want... it's a euro thing