PDA

View Full Version : ROUND REAR ARCHES.

DANN1NOVA
31-01-05, 10:54 PM
I WANT ROUND REAR ARCHES ON MY NOVA SO I CAN FIT THE CARISMA R5 KIT ANY CLUES GUYS...

rednova
01-02-05, 09:25 AM
you could always graft on mk1 saloon quarters - getting rid of any rust in the process

phil

dan-hipgrave
01-02-05, 11:29 AM
ive got a set of full rear quarters for a 5door hatchback you can have for the right price mate :D

DANN1NOVA
01-02-05, 05:20 PM
you could always graft on mk1 saloon quarters - getting rid of any rust in the process

phil YES I COULD NEVER CROSSED MY MIND.

Mike.
01-02-05, 07:46 PM
caps mate :wink:

i'd go for five door rear arches there round and huge so they can hold larger wheels than 3 door arches

DANN1NOVA
01-02-05, 08:15 PM
caps mate :wink:

i'd go for five door rear arches there round and huge so they can hold larger wheels than 3 door archesHOW DO I GET THEM TO FIT COS THERE NOT A WHOLE REAR QUARTER?

Mike.
01-02-05, 08:16 PM
cut out your old arches, cut the new arches out of the new panel then weld them in

rednova
02-02-05, 10:13 AM
thats why welding the saloon quarters on will be easier - its the full quarter as opposed to half , just cut the saloon bit off the rear and get welding. everything else will line up near enough

phil

DANN1NOVA
02-02-05, 06:06 PM
thats why welding the saloon quarters on will be easier - its the full quarter as opposed to half , just cut the saloon bit off the rear and get welding. everything else will line up near enough

phil YEA I THINK THATS WHAT I'LL DO NOT TO BAD A JOB TO DO MYSELF. THNX.

Jack
02-02-05, 07:59 PM

I reckon you'll find it pretty hard.

Lets face it, you can't even use this.
http://www.kirun.co.uk/web/capslock/keyb2a.jpg

:lol:

DANN1NOVA
02-02-05, 08:03 PM

I reckon you'll find it pretty hard.

Lets face it, you can't even use this.
http://www.kirun.co.uk/web/capslock/keyb2a.jpg

:lol:YEA THE caps lock CAN BE HARD TO FIND!!!!!!!! :roll:

Mike.
02-02-05, 09:23 PM
pmsl@ road-knight :lol: :lol:

Dod
03-02-05, 08:52 PM
But hi, if you're gonna use the round arches of a Saloon or 5 door, wont you end up with round rears and square fronts? Best bet is to use the 5 door, saloon inner archesand the wings of the front of a 3 door and have them fabricated to meet each other. Still have the square arches and lovely biginners! Then the arches'll be rounder, but still square too. if ya understand like.

Jack
03-02-05, 09:14 PM
if you're gonna use the round arches of a Saloon or 5 door, wont you end up with round rears and square fronts?
Do you mean front arches? They're (almost) a simple case of unbolting them off the saloon/5door (both same front wings afaik) and bolting them onto the hatch, so no trouble to fit

burgo
03-02-05, 09:18 PM
But hi, if you're gonna use the round arches of a Saloon or 5 door, wont you end up with round rears and square fronts? Best bet is to use the 5 door, saloon inner archesand the wings of the front of a 3 door and have them fabricated to meet each other. Still have the square arches and lovely biginners! Then the arches'll be rounder, but still square too. if ya understand like.

do you know what your on about lol, i dont think you do do you??

you use 5-door front arches then use complete rear quarters for a two door saloon

DANN1NOVA
03-02-05, 10:56 PM
[quote=Dod Sham]But hi, if you're gonna use the round arches of a Saloon or 5 door, wont you end up with round rears and square fronts? Best bet is to use the 5 door, saloon inner archesand the wings of the front of a 3 door and have them fabricated to meet each other. Still have the square arches and lovely biginners! Then the arches'll be rounder, but still square too. if ya understand like.

do you know what your on about lol, i dont think you do do you??

you use 5-door front arches then use complete rear quarters for a two door saloon[

exactly right my freind!!! why would i want " ROUNDER SQUARE " arches when i'm after totally round one's for my kit????
(CRAZY FOOL)

SRimon
04-02-05, 02:45 PM
It'll look gay imo

Hughsie II
04-02-05, 07:14 PM
ive seen novas with round front and square rear arches,but never the other way round.
the 5 door front wings will bolt straight on.
it will be different anyway.
but hasnt a r5 carisma kit on a nova been done before :sleeping:

DANN1NOVA
05-02-05, 11:43 AM
It'll look gay imo NO IT WILL BE S#*T HOT WITH THE CARISMA KIT ON!!

DANN1NOVA
05-02-05, 11:45 AM
[quote="Hughsie II"]ive seen novas with round front and square rear arches,but never the other way round.
the 5 door front wings will bolt straight on.
it will be different anyway.
but hasnt a r5 carisma kit on a nova been done before :sleeping:[/quote WHERES IT BEEN DONE B4??????]