PDA

View Full Version : vacume pipe where dose it go?

getlost29
31-01-05, 07:43 PM
thought it would be easyer to put this in a diffrent thread

dose any one know where the small vacume pipe cumming of the one way vavle on the brake servo line go? cheers

david dixon
31-01-05, 07:45 PM
if its carbed it'll go to the vacume on your distributer.

burgo
31-01-05, 07:56 PM
its a 1.2spi

david dixon
31-01-05, 08:00 PM
Mmmm, Carn't remember the last time i worked on one! do they have a vacume round the back of the engine (on bulk head) like sri's? if so it'll probably go into there if not it'll probably fit into the spi carb somewhere!

getlost29
31-01-05, 08:08 PM
it is kinda odd, it gose down twads the inner wing, theres already a vacume pipe of the manifold going to the map sensor, i thought it went to the cpu untill i saw the map sensor, just kinda curious to where it gose and what it dose, as ill probably run my vacume gauge of it

jonny_mcc
31-01-05, 08:26 PM
When i put my induction kit in my mechanic said just to block it.

getlost29
31-01-05, 08:39 PM
When i put my induction kit in my mechanic said just to block it.

block what up, and where dose the small vacume pipe off the onway vavle go then. got a fealing some people a dazed to what i mean so if need be ill post picktures in.

or if better is u look at the under bonet view of the 1.4 spi engine in the haynes manuel

iff u look at the oneway valve on the brake servo line ull see a small vacume pip comes off and is cable tied to the what eva comes from under the thottle bodie and makes its way past the dizzy and down towards the front right inner wing

ad19car
31-01-05, 08:47 PM
The pipe with the one way valve coming of the brake servo connectsto the inlet manifiold. N.B it goes somewhere below the throttle body as it always neds a vacum. Hope this helps mate.

getlost29
31-01-05, 08:51 PM
The pipe with the one way valve coming of the brake servo connectsto the inlet manifiold. N.B it goes somewhere below the throttle body as it always neds a vacum. Hope this helps mate.

nah still dont help, ill have to take a picure of it to show you, its a very small dia pipe that runs down towards the inner wing, i think people are just getting confused to what im talking about

sorry i cant explain it any better

and just looking at the hayns manuel there maybe a carbon canister down there so that may be where it runs to. ill let u know when i find out and if not take some pics

burgo
31-01-05, 10:53 PM
i think a picture would be best mate as i cant think what one way valve you mean

Aragorn
01-02-05, 11:50 AM
goes to the active carbon canister on the inner wing on the passenger side

idea is it recirculated tank fumes into the engine

u can remove it and block up ALL the pipes going to it if u want (bar the main tank vent pipe)

getlost29
01-02-05, 12:22 PM
goes to the active carbon canister on the inner wing on the passenger side

idea is it recirculated tank fumes into the engine

u can remove it and block up ALL the pipes going to it if u want (bar the main tank vent pipe)

yea i know that, thats what i just said abouve :? . i didnt realise the car had one till i looked