PDA

View Full Version : no power going to ecu

storer
31-01-05, 04:35 PM
ive wired up the black switched live, red constant live, thick red/blue fuel pump,blue dash temp sender,green rev counter. and there is no poer going to the ecu.
i have these wires left and i need to no what they are for
brown/white (comes from the ecu to the multiplug)
brown/blue
red/blue (thin)

i really need to find out whats what because this engine is driving me mad.

thanks in advance

storer
31-01-05, 04:42 PM
its a 1.4sri with a dispack if thats any help

david dixon
31-01-05, 07:40 PM
Has it got an imobilliser? check to see if you have any earths coming out of the sri loom to the engine bay! I wired one of those up before and used the wires you've already mentioned but could swear there was an earth i had to connect to the block!

storer
01-02-05, 03:38 AM
ive attatched 3 earths to the block from the loom are there any more? i dont think it has an immobilizer. do you no wot the brown/white wire is for?

Aragorn
01-02-05, 11:37 AM
err the thin red/blue... where does it come from?

brown/blue is management light - wire this to your choke light (brown yellow on the back of the dash) and see if it lights up when u turn the ignition on (or put a volt meter between it and ground and see if u get 12v when turning the ignition on)

brown/white is for diag plug i think (there should be a brown yellow somehwere too) these arent required to get the engine running although it helps for fault diagnosis

Aragorn
02-02-05, 07:33 AM
ok this might be your problem

just had a look at haynes manual and the injector bank takes power from the fuel pump relay too, so thats what that spare red/blue is for

so u should have this red-blue and the fuel pump wire both connected to the red-blue that comes out the relay

connect up that brown/blue management light and let us know what happens

storer
02-02-05, 04:09 PM
ok ill relay all this info to my mate and see if he can get it going and ill let you no wot happens thanks for all the help so far though guys i really appreciate it.