PDA

View Full Version : GTE question...

Anonymous
02-03-02, 09:38 AM
I was told by someone that all GTE's come with electric front windows is this true? If so mine has got SR doors on it...because there is no leccy windows at all or the place for them in the centre console, also the speedo shows upto 120 is that right (just checking its not been put together using SR parts...) Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous
02-03-02, 10:05 AM
not true. some gte's have winders

Anonymous
02-03-02, 10:38 AM
all gsi's have leccy windows but it was an option on the gte's and sr's

Anonymous
02-03-02, 10:49 AM
Thanks for that, made me feel a lot better knowing its not bodged...

Anonymous
02-03-02, 01:53 PM
gtes didn't have sunroof as std either

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
04-03-02, 11:51 PM
Yes they did Ste.

According to the Vauxhall brochures anyway.

See http://www.novabug.co.uk/88GTEBrochure.jpg

It lists the Slide/Tilt as standard.

They may have been available without them for use in motorsport or something though :-/

As for elecy windows in GTE's....optional until the very last H-plate ones then became standard.

Anonymous
05-03-02, 08:57 AM
yes but in the brochures it shows the gte with no door caps

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
05-03-02, 10:39 PM
If it helps mine's an F(88)GTE And it doesnt have leccy windows but it has got a tilt and slide sunroof

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
07-03-02, 12:40 AM
Vauxhall just used the same old photos in the brochures as they did in the preview brochure (as highlighted on the PNG site).

I've seen some early GTE's without door caps anyway.....the first ones on E-plate.
I was surprised when I went to look at my F-plate that it had door caps 'cos I always thought that the older ones didn't have them.

Like Darren.....my 88 F-plate GTE didn't have elecy windows when I got it (does now) but had got a slide/tilt.