PDA

View Full Version : What suspension for a valver??

Alis choppers
31-01-05, 12:48 PM
Hello guys
Im just started to build a 2.0 16v and im stuck on suspension setup ive seen on courtney web that they use diferent springs to cope with the weight but they are a rip off! Ive been looking around here and see alot of people use gmax, Are these any good? Im not intrested in comfort as im building this for having fun on the track. Cheers any help would be great.

Philsutton
31-01-05, 12:50 PM
i use avo coilovers on mine, i also know a lot of other people that use these on theirs. I find they work well with he 2lt and you can set them how you want.

Alis choppers
31-01-05, 04:49 PM
I understand that coilovers are the ultimate best but im wondering if i can get away with somthing that costs ?200 rather than ?400+

NickWalliams
31-01-05, 05:25 PM
Get some custom front springs made www.coilsprings.co.uk

Then get some uprated shocks to match. 8)

rodgerq
31-01-05, 08:34 PM
gmax are a budget kit mate, deffo not suited to a valver conversion. billies sprintline kit with higher poundage springs either from ourtenay or coilsprings

rodgerq

nutsaboutnovas
31-01-05, 09:52 PM
Are the standard avo coilover springs good enough.. eg poundage?? i have a brand new set on my GSi im putting a valver in that will they cope??

srs1
31-01-05, 10:57 PM
i have the gmax suspension on my xe, but then i dont go on track sessions either, so it hasn't affected me yet.

i think supernova's are doing a set of coilovers for around the ?300 area brand new. might be worth considering.