PDA

View Full Version : central locking emergency!

PrimaNova
31-01-05, 09:10 AM
hello everyone,
i've got an embarrasing situation with my centrall locking!my front passenger door doesnt work anymore! :|
my mates have to get in thru the back and get their feet stuck in between the handbrake and the passenger seat... can you help me fix the problem..is it a broken fuse? how do i replace it?

cheers for any info!

Aragorn
31-01-05, 09:33 AM
wtf? if the central locking doesnt work why dont u just pull the pin up?

anyway it depends if its the std vauxhall system, if so it could be a fuse, wiring fault, faulty drivers door switch or a faulty passenger door solenoid

if its not the vaux kit can u hear the drivers motor "unlock" when u unlock the door, if not then its either a faulty drivers solenoid/switch unit or a blown fuse or wiring fault

if u can hear the drivers door motor "unlock" the door i guess the passenger door solenoid is dead

PrimaNova
31-01-05, 09:40 AM
well i know it's not standard,coz it's been fitted ''new'' to my 5door 1.4i.

i can hear the motors working, but the only one that doesnt go all the way is the front passenger door. so i guess it would be the solenoid then..can i get a replacement from halfords?i need to get it fixed today!

PrimaNova
31-01-05, 09:52 AM
btw, i cant pull the pin up...it's stuck or somet

Aragorn
31-01-05, 09:55 AM
thats really werid then

the solenoid must be totally jammed

try taking the door card off and see whats going on

detatch the solenoid and try n move the door lock manually, that should let u see whats going on

oh and maplin is abouit the only place i know of that stocks the c/locking motors

PrimaNova
31-01-05, 10:10 AM
ok cool,cheers 4 that.is it easy to do myself?i've nver removed a door panel thing,and really hope i can get it back on again!

also, you know the broken hazard light problem every nova seems to have? in the haines manual it says to switch it off and then remove the connection to the battery ground line. how can i switch it off if it;s broken and stuck with tape to the dash?

Aragorn
31-01-05, 10:16 AM
lol it doesnt matter about the battery etc

just pull it out

carefully open the switch with a knife or small screwdriver (the rear part with the contacts pops out)

remove the 2 springs and metal arm and put it back together and you'll find it now works - pull it out and hazards are on, push it in and they are off :)

door is reasonably easy - remove handle, remove winder and handle surround and pull - winder can be a bit tricky to remove as theres a circlip behind it - read haynes

PrimaNova
31-01-05, 11:26 AM
thanks dude!

Snowface
31-01-05, 05:15 PM
hello everyone,
i've got an embarrasing situation.
my mates have to get in thru the back and get their feet stuck in between the handbrake and the passenger seat... can you help me fix the problem..

cheers for any info!

what you need to do is grab your mates leg with both hands and pull back hard to release his foot.

if that fails then try undo his shoe laces first if possible.

if that fails then you need a 13mm spanner to unbolt the seat from the floor.

hope that helps :wink: .