PDA

View Full Version : Service parts

motobruce
31-01-05, 02:22 AM
Rite...... what parts do i need for a service (40k, F reg) so far ive got fan belt, spark plugs, ht leads, engine oil, oil filter, air filter, clutch cable (to try and loosen it up a bit), get a new battery (other one looses charge quick) and adjust the tappits.

Any thing else i need to get/do?

Cheers Dan.

robb
31-01-05, 08:27 AM
Yeah that sounds about it.

Aragorn
31-01-05, 09:35 AM
which engine?

if its a 1.0 it might be worth doing the condensor and points in the dizzy

if its a 1.2 then u do realise u cant adjust the tappets as they are hydraulic?

if its a ohc engine then i'd change the timing belt unless u know when it was last done, and u may as well do the waterpump while your there

oh and fit a new thermostat

and fuel filter if its a 1.0 carb or an injection engine

motobruce
31-01-05, 12:29 PM
cheers.

Its a 1.0 but i dnt acctually know whay you mean, if its a 1.0 it might be worth doing the condensor and points in the dizzy ?

if its a ohc engine then i'd change the timing belt unless u know when it was last done, and u may as well do the waterpump while your there

whats ohc :P

ok ill get a fuel filter also

Adam
31-01-05, 07:29 PM
cheers.

Its a 1.0 but i dnt acctually know whay you mean, if its a 1.0 it might be worth doing the condensor and points in the dizzy ?

whats ohc :P

ok ill get a fuel filter also
OHC-Overhead Cam, all modern engines.
The 1.0 has a different dizzy etc setup to the other engines. So change the condenser etc, i don't think the other engines have these parts.