PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly mod

Jay867
30-01-05, 09:06 PM
how do you remove the wedge? what tools do you use that can fit down the inlet to get at it?

snapper
31-01-05, 01:45 AM
it's screwed onto the flap, i think? take the throttle body off and have a look in some good lighting. should be more obvious then and don't forget to fill in the holes afterwards!

Gunzi
31-01-05, 10:11 AM
4 nuts to take off the tb + flat head to remove the inlet piping to it then philips head to remove the screws that hold in the wedge.

After I removed it I put the screws back in to the slots and used silicone sealant to close off any gaps and secure the screws in. Make sure that what ever you use to block the holes off with, is secured tightly as you don't want it in one of the combustion chambers!

getlost29
31-01-05, 05:09 PM
is there any, or much power increase, in removing the wedge on the 1.2 spi throttle body?

Austin_Nova16
31-01-05, 05:43 PM
no. not really. The wedge probably helps give it torque or something.... wouldn't have been put onn there for no reason. Would be best to leave it on the standard 1.2i engine.

ad19car
31-01-05, 08:17 PM
Ive tried it on my gte, not good mate! Its a real pain in the arse to get it properly centered again and im sure that the wedge is in there for a reason!

burgo
31-01-05, 10:51 PM
Ive tried it on my gte, not good mate! Its a real pain in the a*** to get it properly centered again and im sure that the wedge is in there for a reason! get what centred ??

Gunzi
01-02-05, 08:48 AM
As far as I can see its there to restrict the amount of air that gets into the engine