PDA

View Full Version : * What -60mm springs should I get?

Barn
30-01-05, 06:38 PM
as title says...

don't want it to be too harsh.

maybe post up what springs you got/had and say how you found them?

:+:

david dixon
30-01-05, 06:40 PM
I would say that 60mm is always going to be harsh cos its putting stress on the standard shocks, even if you get uprated shocks it'll still be bumppy and start taking it out of your strut tops and shell.
The only real way round it is coilovers!

Barn
30-01-05, 06:46 PM
they are gunna be used with bilstein competition shocks and 16's

david dixon
30-01-05, 06:49 PM
I think you in for a harsh ride mate! the smaller the tyre profile the more bumps you'll feel, I would go for 45mm at max!

nova_kev
30-01-05, 09:24 PM
-80mm jobbies, gog as low as you can :P

peester
30-01-05, 11:13 PM
go for black streetline billies setup (under ?200 for shocks and springs) for money cant beat it - only thing is the shocks are only 10% uprated, whereas gamx, apex spax etc are round 30%... ide say go for broke - like mentioned, 80mm coilsprings 89, and adjustable konis, or spax shocks. bit pricey but wawaw wii wa it wort it.

Aragorn
31-01-05, 01:39 AM
the bilstein blacks as said are only slightly uprated

pretty much all they are is corsa gsi spec shocks made by decarbon for bilstien

decarbon also make the gmax shocks and those are uprated over std so it would probably pay to get those instead

coilspring89 do make good stuff and u wont go wrong with a set of their springs!

Barn
31-01-05, 12:37 PM
I've already got the Bilsteins lads...they are yellow and have the elongated hole for camber adjustment.

where can I get the springs from coilspring89? how much am I looking at?

would you say -60mm or go for -80mm?

I don't want to be left with a car that handles like a pig though and feels like its about to rip the front struts off! lol

I guess arch rolling is also important with the 16's and such a low drop?

cheers for all advice so far lads :+: