PDA

View Full Version : Fitting GSi seats into a mk1

dan-hipgrave
30-01-05, 03:26 PM
Picked my new GSi interior up yesterday, and started fitting it today, but already i can see there is going to be a problem with the front seats - the subframes are completely different to the ones on the orginal seats.

Do i need to weld in some new runners from a mk2/GSi? (Are mk2 subframes different to mk1 or is it just that the GSi has different subframes?) Or can i just unbolt the subframes and fit my original ones to the GSi seats?

Cheers,

Dan

General Baxter
30-01-05, 03:49 PM
i take it where you mean they bolt to the floor

mk1 has a bracket welded onto the front but mk2's have a little n going over it thats what the other hole is for

if that dont help slap me, im sleepy :|

epo
30-01-05, 07:30 PM
cant you just bolt the mk2 seats to the mk1 runners

Riggy
30-01-05, 07:48 PM
sri/gte/gsi seats had different feet on the subframes

but they still bolt in fine

normal seats have a little peice which goes over the bar of the seat and has 2 bolts to each one (4 each seat)

sport one have just 1 bolt each in the feet to bolt to the car (2 each seat )

dan-hipgrave
30-01-05, 08:15 PM
So they should just bolt in to the existing runners then?

I tried to do that, but for the life of me couldnt get them to sit in there, and when i looked underneath at the subframes they were completely different to my original seats so i gave up lol, just have to try harder..

Cheers guys :D

Riggy
30-01-05, 08:27 PM
yeah they will fit mate

and for some reason gsi seats are a twat to fit lol takes ages to get them in right :lol:

Glytch
05-02-05, 09:33 PM
yep they'll fit but theyre a pain in the ass

the GSI has split seats in the back as well, where as the mk 1 had a solid singular peice seat in the rear.
THis means that u'll have to get the bracket that goes in the middle of the gsi shell to hold the hinge between the seats.
The bracket is welded into the original shell but when putting it into another car the bolt holding on the rear seat belt will do the job.

dan-hipgrave
05-02-05, 11:08 PM
Got the rest of my GSi interior in today..

My 1.2 Mk1 seems to be a bit odd - i thought only high spec models had rear arch carpet in the boot (GTE/GSi) but my little 1.2 has it, and it also has a split rear bench already - again something i thought only high spec models had...

Anyway, only got the dash left to put in now and i will have a full GSi interior :D

Cheers for your help guys..

Nick
06-02-05, 06:03 PM
yep dan, they're a bit of a bastard to get onto the runners.

but the runners are exactly the same, be it a base model,gsi,mk1 or mk2.

Is yours a Luxe ? or L ? as mine is a 1.2 mk2 LUXE and it comes with all the same trim as a GSi inside (obviously in the standard cloth)

dan-hipgrave
06-02-05, 06:09 PM
mines an L mate, does that mean that it has all the GSi trim just in that horrible brown colour lol

Nick
06-02-05, 07:21 PM
if i'm right that L means Luxe.

it means it has 40/60 rear seats (split rear seats), Rear Arch carpets, the Trims on the outside around the windows,the Trim along the top of the doorcards (covering the metal rim of the door), basically the GTE/GSi interior panels really. The seats are standard tho. They also come with an illuminated glove box.

the LUXE Plus is the same as the LUXE but it has electric windows/central locking e.t.c , but it still doesn't have the sports seats

dan-hipgrave
06-02-05, 10:16 PM
Ahh right cool, cheers mate :D

Wondered why mine had all the high-spec trim but was only a 1.poo

Still, its all been ripped out now and replaced with proper GSi stuff anyway..