PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 head

Geth
30-01-05, 12:52 PM
Hi guys.
Was hoping one of you lot might be able to tell me how much a 1.3 head would need to be skimmed to get good compression when fitted to a 1.2 block. I've found a 1.3 head that has had the ports and valves done but want to be sure it will work on my 1.2 before I shell out the money.

david dixon
30-01-05, 06:23 PM
Mmm, not to sure about this one mate as the 1.2 head has a canny bit compression copaired with the 1.3, Not sure you'd be able to skim it that much! do you konw if its been skimmed before? dont over do it.

Rexy
30-01-05, 06:33 PM
1.3 head on a 1.2 bottom end?

The 1.2 and 1.3 heads are pretty much the same, Apparently the 1.2 head has a less restrictive flow than most the nova range, bar 1.6 heads Apparently Going of whats been written and said.

GT

Geth
30-01-05, 06:49 PM
The 1.3 head is a blydenstein. So I'm thinking it should be better than my 1.2 head. But by my calculations It's gonna take a lot of skimming. probably too much but just want to be sure.

johnny27
30-01-05, 11:12 PM
I have a 1300 ported polished skimmed head on my 1.2. Don't worry too much about getting it highly skimmed, there is only a little difference in compression. You wont notice any power loss, and the 1.2 has a shorter stroke so this is to your advantage. Any tiny tiny bit of power lost is alot more than made up with your performance head.

Stuart
31-01-05, 09:19 AM
how much did "your calculations" suggest to take off?

Aragorn
31-01-05, 09:38 AM
before randomly skimming anything get the combustion chamber volume measured accurately and get the piston crown volume measured

work out the compression ratio accurarely (or give us the numbers and we'll do it) and then u can get an idea as to what your dealing with

dont let the fact its a 1300 haed put u off buying it, buy it first and then fix the compression issue later ;)