PDA

View Full Version : New Citroen C4

Nick
29-01-05, 08:48 PM
ignore the saxo prejudice...

been reading alot of astonishing reviews on basically how great the C4 is, and to be honest i think they look really nice. Especially the VTR model or VTS , whatever it's called.

Mum got a Citroen Xsara a few months ago, and was invited for a test drive to see if she'd like to upgrade to a C4.

Went along , and i must say, the car is fantastic, it really feels like everything is just right, Ergonomically, it's soo confortable, it has built in air fresherners, the handling was good, and it was v.quick for a 2.0 Deiesel ! Smooth, Quiet, nice Digital Display in the middle (got a while to get used to) Lane departure warning system, automatic speed limiting system !

Awesome car !

burgo
29-01-05, 08:50 PM
it is rather kool, i saw one a few months back before they came out (because i work at citroen) and i really like the two door, four door is ugly though

General Baxter
29-01-05, 08:55 PM
'automatic speed limiting system'

just what the fuck is that? :?

Nick
29-01-05, 08:55 PM
yep, i allways thoght they looked really good. but after being in one, they are really fantastic.

Even my mums xsara (latest one) is really good quality for money. That's why she's not gonna change

Nick
29-01-05, 08:57 PM
'automatic speed limiting system'

just what the f**k is that? :?

didn't use it, but from what the dealership said, it's a system that make it impossible for you to break the speed limit.

i.e press the pedal as hard as you want and you can not go more than 70mph on the motorway, which i think is cool. Although it probably overides when you stamp your foot down for safety reasons

General Baxter
29-01-05, 08:59 PM
thats homorific! :lol:

but how does it no what road you are on?

Nick
29-01-05, 09:01 PM
i really don't know, either you preset it, or it only applies on the motorway.

it's not horrific, it's an option, you don't have to have it on, and it's good to know that you can cruise down the motorway and not worry about tippling over 70mph and getting caught.

scott.parker
thats homorific! :lol:

but how does it no what road you are on?

GPRS

Nick
nah scott, i don't think it was GPRS>

i think it just applied when you go onto the motorway.

General Baxter
29-01-05, 09:02 PM
but there would be a mothly/yearly fee on that?

Philsutton
29-01-05, 09:37 PM
i'll ignore the fact that they are french and basically a saxo, but i dont like new cars, any of them infact. They all look the same and have amazing driving things that mean you dont have to do shit to drive it. They also have no feel or character to the way they drive an look. Plus i managed to break a brand new car in 5 days.

Nick
29-01-05, 09:55 PM
i'll ignore the fact that they are french and basically a saxo, .

Pmsl ! lol

i get your point about lack of feel, but this is whats so remarkable in this car, it just feels right

Philsutton
29-01-05, 09:59 PM
Ive heard all that before, i had a brand new fiesta given to me. It just feel to pieces as i drove it, within a week it was well an truely fucked. I'd hate to think what these cars will be like in 10 yeras time.

General Baxter
29-01-05, 10:27 PM
well if health and saftey have anything to do with it!

there going to be made of rubber, or some sort of plastic that explodes into tiny none sharp bits when something hits it :lol:

Mike.
29-01-05, 11:38 PM
the new c4 is a great looking car, well the 3 door is, the 5 door isn't as nice

Philsutton
29-01-05, 11:43 PM
the new c4 is a great looking car
you sicken me

Mike.
29-01-05, 11:57 PM
pmsl, sorry phil :lol:

Jack
30-01-05, 01:21 AM
Plus i managed to break a brand new car in 5 days.
Why does that NOT surprise me :lol:

I've heard they're quite good, but can't say I like the look of them myself, not a fan of modern looking cars - although to be fair I quite like the new Vauxhalls (Monaro, Vectra estates and Astra MkVs). I'm with Phil.... I don't like the way you don't drive modern cars, you "pilot" them...