PDA

View Full Version : Really Really stupid question!!!!

biker
29-01-05, 08:20 PM
I went to change my crap standard brakes to cavvie 4x4 ones.

Got the passenger side done no probs. :lol:

I cant get the drivers wheel off. I know it sounds stupid. I have got the wheel nuts off and got the car jacked up, but I cant get the f**king wheel off :x :x . I think it is just crap round the centre of the wheel and the hub.
Does anyone have any idea how to get this f**ker off??? :?

I have kicked, pulled, hit, kicked some more and eventually gave up.

Please help as it is doing my head in.

Cheers
C

Nick
29-01-05, 08:23 PM
you sure all the bolts are off ?

Does the car drive properly ?

you could try driving it around till it falls off, but i wouldn't advise that lmao :wink:

scott.parker
29-01-05, 08:24 PM
Well in these sort of cases i alway find it is best to try and go find your self a really BIG stick... :lol:

scott

Mike.
29-01-05, 08:25 PM
i would say that the wheels siezed to the hub mate, i can't really suggest a way of getting the wheel off because when this happened on my old BMW my method buggered up the rim :roll:

biker
29-01-05, 08:27 PM
I know it is a stupid question, but I am not stupid LMAO.

I took out 4 wheel nuts and I also tried a BIG stick with a hammer behind the wheel and hit it a bit.
Still nothing!!!!!

scott.parker
29-01-05, 08:32 PM
Take it to kwik fit and then say oi you lot waht this you have done to my car? i carnt get the wheel of now since you messed with it!,lol

scott

General Baxter
29-01-05, 08:34 PM
well if the wheels are off the ground, start it up put it in gear, floor it and slam the brakes on, might have enough force to jolt it off and come off and go though the inner arch :lol:

Nick
29-01-05, 08:39 PM
nice one baxter, good plan ! :wink: :|

i'd say try and go blame it on kiwk fit, would be funny !

scott.parker
29-01-05, 08:46 PM
nice one baxter, good plan ! :wink: :|

i'd say try and go blame it on kiwk fit, would be funny !

Well i was just messing as there really quite good at my local one,so you could just go and ask nicly to see if they might help you free it off,free of charge. :D

scott

burgo
29-01-05, 08:49 PM
put all the bolts back in but dont them them up fully then drive around in a circle till it comes loose, then jack it up again and take the bolts out and wheel off :)

biker
29-01-05, 08:50 PM
Burgo,

Will that not cause any damage???

C

burgo
29-01-05, 08:52 PM
no you do the bolts rite up then just loosen them a tiny bit

Philsutton
29-01-05, 09:39 PM
jack the car up lie down an hit it as hard as you can from behide with a very large hammer

General Baxter
29-01-05, 09:43 PM
get some 'gas bottles' and melt the alloy off :wink: :lol:

Nick
29-01-05, 09:57 PM
or use a light saber

General Baxter
29-01-05, 10:23 PM
or get an ewok to do a dance in front of it

make him use some of his jojo magic on it

Philsutton
29-01-05, 10:25 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/rock/rudy/ewok.jpg

General Baxter
29-01-05, 10:29 PM
jooooooooooooooojoooooooooooooo! :lol:

Adam
29-01-05, 10:36 PM
or get an ewok to do a dance in front of it

make him use some of his jojo magic on it
:wink:
:lol:

CP
29-01-05, 10:48 PM
:o :roll: with mates like these who needs enemies?

I've never heard such a load of old cock from nearly everyone who replied!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a bunch of knuckle heads!!!! :P

Jack it up get it secure with an axle stand or similar so it cant collapse and take the bolts out again. Apply anti sieze spray and let soak in.Cut a wedge shape piece of wood out of a piece of 4"*2" or similar and wedge it in round the back of the wheel between the shock absorber strut and the rim where you can get it in securely. Knock it in to put plenty of pressure on. You might find that by jolting the centre of the wheel rim where it sits on the hub with smart hits with medium sized hammer and a punch it will start to ease. Keep knocking the wedge out and turning the wheel and trying again. Then try wriggling it from side to side every now and then. A bit of persistence will get it off without damaging stuff or killing yourself!

Snowface
30-01-05, 02:19 PM
well if the wheels are off the ground, start it up put it in gear, floor it and slam the brakes on, might have enough force to jolt it off and come off and go though the inner arch :lol:

omg. if you want to kill someone or put a wheel shaped hole in the front of your work shop then this is a good way to do it.

General Baxter
30-01-05, 02:25 PM
be off tho :wink: