PDA

View Full Version : XE standard manifold OMG

m.d.
29-01-05, 07:18 PM
just looked at the standard exhaust manifold for the xe, i never noticed on the manifold i modified for the 8v but looking at the new one i have i noticed how restrictive it is.. :o

its a standard vauxhall one (never been changed from new) and the welds that hold the manifold plate on are on the inside of the ports :|

im going to match port the exhaust manifold to the black soot marks so it meets up with the head better,

anyone else noticed this and done it for themselves. just looks soooo restrictive its unreal. i dont want to go sill with my new xe just a little extra horses to piss off the cossies would be nice

Riggy
29-01-05, 07:21 PM
hmm sounds like somthing to look at when i do mine :D

General Baxter
29-01-05, 07:35 PM
monkey you have a 4-1 manifold in the package :lol:

Riggy
29-01-05, 07:37 PM
hmm do i

didnt know that :lol:

it keeps gettin better lol will it fit straight to a nova system

General Baxter
29-01-05, 07:38 PM
well it fitted onto mine :lol:

yes you do get it, and get it quick as i keep twating my head of it in the garage :lol:

and you even get the NEW inlet and zorst manifold gaskits :P

Aragorn
30-01-05, 11:01 AM
the standard stainless xe manifold is supposed to be very good....

the 8v manifolds are cast iron, XE has a tubular manifold as std

maybe they put the welds there for a reason?

increasing turbulence or something?

Stuart
31-01-05, 12:51 PM
and why would you want to introduce turbulence in the exhaust tract? it will increase back rpessure making it harder for the engine to push the gasses out and therefore lose you power

burgo
31-01-05, 07:07 PM
hey cambridge bein as your a clever lad what do you recon to these new silencers that spin the exhaust gases suposedly speeding them up?? you recon its the next eco-tec or could it actually work

ps sorry for the highjack

Aamir
02-02-05, 12:06 PM
Do you mean the vortex silencers from Regal ?

Best manifold for 20XE is SBD type A - ?170

Stuart
02-02-05, 12:29 PM
i wouldnt have thought a silencer can make much difference, unless its 10mm Id lol

there are practical minimum and maximum diameters for these things and i cant see how "spinning" the gases in the silencer can help, its probably a gimmick, although it could give you 1-2bhp on a 1000bhp engine lmao (0.1% gain)