PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacer dimensions!! P*ssin me off!!

banny2k
29-01-05, 06:17 PM
I need to know the dimensions for my back drum for my 1.2 Nova so i get customer wheel spacers made.

Also does anyone know where i can get 60mm spacers to save gettin custom ones?

Any help appreciated

mikey14sr
29-01-05, 08:41 PM
60mm?!!!!!!!!!

bloomin eck lad, take it you've got a wide arch kit? if you have, they are gonna put immense strain on the wheel bearings

General Baxter
29-01-05, 08:45 PM
bet you his next question will be

help my studs are too short :lol:

banny2k
29-01-05, 11:48 PM
I kinda have a wide arch kit, except i dint buy them i modified my own about 3" inch wider (at the back not as much the front). Will it strain even if i just want them on the back?

Also i know ill need knew bolts that wont be that much of a problem because this site does the bolts with custom spacers.

So nobody knows anywhere good for me?

Aragorn
30-01-05, 10:39 AM
ur wanting 3" more track on the rear?

fuck even the wide track rally cars dont run that much wider

anyway u need to space the stub axle out, not the wheel

if u space the wheel out u will kill bearings every 40 feet, space the stub axles and u dont put any more load on the bearings and everythings fine

so remove the stub axle, make a template and get your engineering shop to make up a nice spacer for that

wide arch andy
30-01-05, 12:22 PM
Tas only do 50mm spacers,never seen spacers that wide before.
best bet is to get them custom made.yeah do what aragrn said,thats what i've done to save me bearings.used the tas ones that they use with there wide track kit. contact them and see if they can help.www.tas.co.uk.

andy.

banny2k
30-01-05, 05:45 PM
How much where the 50mm stub axle spacers from TAS? 50 or 60 will do and what can i say i like wide arches lol. Was thinkin about looking into put another back axle on, think it will look cool with the back wheels shit loads wider than front

m.d.
30-01-05, 06:28 PM
dragster style

ANDYRACER
30-01-05, 10:11 PM
Could u just fit a Astra gte axle on the back it would make the track wider plus u would gain rear discs?

Aragorn
31-01-05, 01:49 AM
no the mounting points are wider on the astra

the only safe way to do it (and the method rally folks use when wide arching novas) is to space the stub axle

so thats what u need to do!

now get on the blower to tas and get the bits u need

wide arch andy
01-02-05, 07:56 AM
the 50mm spacers from tas are ?18 each,they do the full kit to widen the front/back by 50mm allowing the use of cav/astra drive shafts if changing to a 2L 16v engine. the full kit costs ?450,
this includes

adjustable track control arms
heavy duty in-situ adjustable tie rods
track rod ends
protective dust seals
Gp A tie rod brackets
50mm rear stub axle spacers
wide track turret kit inculding top mount

all parts are avalable seperate.

phone them on 01772454647 and ask for a catalogue,has loads of motorsport stuff in there to.

Andy.