PDA

View Full Version : wiring help

johnatstroma
28-01-05, 10:23 PM
i have electric windows to fit into my car, but my fuse box doesn't have the connections in to plug the loom into. does any 1 have any idea what to do or have a wiring diagram that could use?

Cheeze
29-01-05, 01:40 AM
i found a spare switched live at the back of the fuse box for it, remember thats it should be a black wire u have to use as its switched, or you could wire it so they will work ignition on or off

skud52
29-01-05, 07:05 PM
actually i think that there are 2 connections, a red and a black, with plugs on the end which plug into the right hand side on the fuse box at the front

Cheeze
29-01-05, 08:28 PM
im sure the red wire is for the central locking! it aint connected to mine anyways and the windows work, the window and central locking looms all in one is it no??

Nick
29-01-05, 08:32 PM
yes but what the lad is trying to say is.

There are Plugs (be a black, or red, or both) but there are no wires connected to the sockets on the fusebox.

same happened here, I just cutt the plugs off and wired them up live and ignition on the stereo.

johnatstroma
30-01-05, 11:38 AM
There are Plugs (be a black, or red, or both) but there are no wires connected to the sockets on the fusebox.

yeah, there is the connection on the fuse box for the red plug but not for the black 1. there is not even a fuse on the fuse box for electric windows but is in a scrap nova got sitting.

So what wires do you have to join up? is there no relay on the electric windows atall?

John