PDA

View Full Version : alloys insurance

Anonymous
27-02-02, 08:36 PM
getting some tsw alpines soon. rang for insurance quote directline said it its an extra ?145! for alloys worth about ?400
now i am not sure whether to insure them. not sure if i HAVE to insure them or not.
2nd Q:i have a 1.2 and was wondering how much is the usual amount knocked off insurance for a CAT 2 immobiliser, with alloys on. Any advice people?

Anonymous
27-02-02, 10:51 PM
Going from my experience I can tell you that getting an immobiliser (thatham approved, etc) will make no difference to your premium. I had a modded Corsa worth ?5K+ and when I fitted my Clifford alarm and immobiliser I got zero discount. (thats 2 immobilisers and alarm) They only make a difference on bigger engined, more valuable cars. Regarding telling your insurance company about wheels; if someone nicks your motor and they recover it and see the undeclared wheels they are within there rights to give you nothing back. The car is made more appealing to theives so of course you have to pay more. Saying that I have 15" alloys on mine, and when I put them on and declared them I was charged only ?14.00. Maybe you want to wait until your current policy expires then shop around for a policy which works out cheaper with wheels inc.

Anonymous
28-02-02, 10:05 AM
spot on Hodge TD, couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

:D:D 2.0l 8v. It actually works !!!! :D:D

Anonymous
28-02-02, 04:21 PM
1) My company-Norwich union direct charge an extra ?5 a month for alloys with locking nuts.

2) A thatcham CAT 2 immobiliser reduces my premium by about ?3.50 a month. A CAT 1 alarm will reduce it about ?5.50 a month. If u have both CAT 2 and CAT 1 systems they will only lower the premium by ?5.50/month. ;)

Anonymous
01-03-02, 09:20 AM
my insurance didn't charge me xtra for wheels!

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Anonymous
01-03-02, 11:29 AM
my insurance company wont find out about my wheels ;)