PDA

View Full Version : can i get temporary insurance?

SRlew
27-01-05, 10:06 PM
rite then i'v baught (still paying) a car off of my brother and it runs out of tax at the end of next month. (feb)
and i was woundering if i could get temporary insurance for it for say a month just so i could tax it and get a bit of driving out of it.
cause i dont really want to insure it for a full year yet as i havent even started taking lessons cause im short on cash at the min.

where should i look? and i only have a provisional.
any help would be great. cheers

Philsutton
28-01-05, 10:10 PM
i did it on a sr i borrowed, i already had an insurance policy and i asked if they could add this other car on for another ?40 a month

Jack
29-01-05, 02:15 AM
Yep, I've done it with CIS, had a temporary car added to my policy (but i won't go in to how they fscked up my policy afetrwards....). However, I don't think they'd do a new "short term" policy if you don't already have an existing one.

Other option is to pay monthly, and just cancel it after a month or however long you needed it?

Philsutton
29-01-05, 11:43 PM
they will still take out the money unless you write a really gay letter explaining a valid reason why you are ending your policy

Will
30-01-05, 01:58 AM
just cancel the direct debit with your bank then they cant

lmfao

Jack
30-01-05, 02:11 AM
Tell them you sold it or switched to another company! But tbh they shouldn't need a reason for you to cancel the insurance, if you want to cancel the policy its up to you, and if they get shitty then cancel the direct debit like Will said lol

SRlew
30-01-05, 11:16 AM
well iv been thinking about it and now i might put my mum down as the main driver and me as a named driver so that the insurance will be well cheap cause she's been driving for more than 11 years,
so if i do that will i have to put the car in her name or will it be alright to be in my name if im not the main driver?

hey phill your V8 is gunna be mad as f**k!!

cheers for your help guys

Will
30-01-05, 12:44 PM
thats called fronting

but nm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack
30-01-05, 05:57 PM
thats called fronting

but nm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For the uninitiated; fronting = illegal :wink:

But hey its cheap! Until you crash and the insurers decide to void your policy...

SRlew
30-01-05, 06:56 PM
is it!
i didnt know that.