PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall bits

intergraleevo
27-01-05, 08:13 PM
think i asked this before, but im after some track rod ends and ball joints, ordered some off www.autovaux.co.uk but they seem to not exist anymore... wierd? so anyone else know a good supplier? eurocarparts and GSF work for the audi, but the nova obviously needs something a little more... british. (unfortunalty GSF and ECP dont do Opel bits - bugger) thanks for your help. online would be good, i could check out prices then and compare to the yokel shop.

cheers,

chris

intergraleevo
27-01-05, 08:42 PM
come on someone must have done these bits? did on the audi - its a changed car! ball joints, track rod ends, top mounts, and shocks, no play in the steering AT ALL, brilliant feedback, less vibration at high speeds, in fact VERY little at all. confidence to REALLY chuck it around corners now.

so, any suggestions?

chris

Stuart
27-01-05, 09:00 PM
umm autovaux should still exist lol. when did you place the enquiry? they call you back to sort it all out, usually within the hour during work days.

be pateint lol

intergraleevo
27-01-05, 09:19 PM
last sunday, had no phone calls from them or emails etc?

should i try again? and is 14? per balljoint and ?9 per tie rod end a good price? (adding postage and VAT to that)

chris

Dan
27-01-05, 09:19 PM
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/

I have just tried that link and it took me straight to their site, i rang them not long back about some prices and all seemed ok :?

I normally just use GMF in parkend for things like balljoints and track rod ends. They last well enough for the abuse i give them, never had to change any due to wear and tear etc, just change things like that when i am working in that area of the car.

intergraleevo
27-01-05, 09:34 PM
ah local boy!
yep GMF was on my list to call, long with anton down at bream auto stores (he wont beat gmf though i dont reckon) and someone said steam mills garage?

ill give GMF a call tomorow, they good on that kind of stuff are they? price wise i mean?

Dan
27-01-05, 09:41 PM
as far as i know, as you said anton wont beat them, and everytime i have nipped down they have had them in stock ready to go (although a call prob wouldnt hurt anyway)