PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O. Speed Freaks

Anonymous
27-02-02, 10:06 AM
How many peeps here would be intrested in a 0-60 timing device? I know of a friend who might start production on a 0-60/60-0 timer. He will be developing a prototype depending on how many peeps from Novaload seem intrested.

I know the proffesionals use a timing device that usually costs over ?3500, there are cheaper alternatives that cost ?150. My friend would be looking at selling his for around ?35.

If the prototype works he may look at fitting some sort of cpu to the timer so that you can program it to time you from 0-60, 0-100 and back down again.

Let us know how many of you would be intrested and I'll pass any feedback and/or questions to my friend.

Cheers guys, Jim.

Anonymous
27-02-02, 11:38 AM
doh!! and there's me thinking this was going to be about drugs!!!! lol!! ermm.... just kidding!!!!! B-)

2.0 16v Nova wanted! ASAP :)

Anonymous
27-02-02, 11:48 AM
i'd have one. be a decent gadget to have.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 02:28 PM
and mne put me down for one jim

u want tiles, cum to meeeeeee i get them much cheaper

Anonymous
27-02-02, 02:29 PM
oops for me corsa i should of sAID

u want tiles, cum to meeeeeee i get them much cheaper

Anonymous
27-02-02, 03:15 PM
how accurate is it? Where will the measure ments be taken from? he isnt going to argos is he and buyin a bike speedo then bodgin it onto his car wheel with some blacktape??

Anonymous
27-02-02, 04:02 PM
It will be as accurate as any other in-car only speed checker, it will work adjusting to your wheel speed, as wheels go faster they expand, etc. So if your wheels/tyres are fairly new they should record an accurate time. Its an optical sensor and will be measuring the speed of the wheel.

Anonymous
27-02-02, 04:33 PM
sounds fancy - and easy to break to me.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

Anonymous
27-02-02, 08:43 PM
I think I rather estimate and then exagerate and then take a bit off for head winds and then round down depending on how much I've had to drink in the time honoured way lol!

I'd be interested in a cheep lap timer tho:)

Anonymous
01-03-02, 08:45 AM
Well I had a go with the cheap alternative the other day, cost about ?135 I think (wasn't mine, it was a friends and I was testing it for him B-)) Anyway, did a quick 0-60 test in the wet and it reckoned 11.11, so I'm not sure how acurate it was, really need to run up the mod with it in car to see (It measures 0-60, 60-0, 1/4 mile time aswell as G-Foces on cornering, acceleration and braking).

chrisward@netlineuk.net
Red MK2 Nova 1.4 SR

Anonymous
01-03-02, 08:47 AM
Doh! I really must go on a typing course and invest in a dictionary! lol
Mod = Pod as in Santa Pod
G-Foces = G-Forces :P

Chris

chrisward@netlineuk.net
Red MK2 Nova 1.4 SR