PDA

View Full Version : its to low

totalnova
27-01-05, 06:10 PM
hiya aint been on for a while.
just a quick question i just lowerd my corsa sri, but i also own a nova thats while im asking here anyway the problem is the back is decked although it looks good its to low, and the rear axel is banging under the car the kit is spax coilovers and for 500 quid i dont think it should do this the kit is adjustable ride hieght and hardness but only the front is hight and not the rear anyway i talked to spax and they said i need to get new bump stops but surley that wont work the car will just ride on the bump stops.
help any one got any new ideas :? :? :?
ps the kit was fitted by a pro so i no its done right

Jack
27-01-05, 06:17 PM
My Spax kit RSX rear springs were too low. Swapped them for some 50mm ones instead.

totalnova
27-01-05, 06:21 PM
wot make was the springs you got?
oh did you talk to spax cause they said to me that they have never heard of this b4

Cr4iG
27-01-05, 07:14 PM
my spax rsx kit sits too high at the back, i had gmax -55spirngs on the back before, and when i fitted the spax kit, the rear of the car raised somewhat.... however my interior is stripped, hence not being too low, but still the fact that it raised from the shitty Gmax springs :p

craig

NovaNeil
27-01-05, 07:18 PM
You can never go too low :twisted: :twisted: Just a personal opinion :lol:

Neil

nova_kev
27-01-05, 08:32 PM
You can never go too low :twisted: :twisted: Just a personal opinion :lol:

Neil

ditto :twisted:

Riggy
27-01-05, 08:39 PM
agreed ^^ lol although my exhaust bangs on my rear beam lol :D

epo
27-01-05, 09:03 PM
lol y'all beat me to it :lol:

Jack
27-01-05, 09:56 PM
wot make was the springs you got?
oh did you talk to spax cause they said to me that they have never heard of this b4

Yeah, as said above everyone else's seems to ride high on the rear... and mine had a stripped back and still ran too low/harsh! I can't remember off the top of my head what make the springs were, as I bought them second hand off a mate, but were 50mm and visibly taller than the 60mm spax ones.

(bearing in mind my wheels ran pretty close to the arches, so with the std spax springs they were rubbing all the time)

madcodling
27-01-05, 10:40 PM
wen u changed the springs did u change the wheels aswell? cause i changed my wheels for bigger ones and it changed the ride heigh.just a thought :idea:

fafnova
27-01-05, 11:07 PM
no such thing as to low sod the handaling !! :P

Philsutton
28-01-05, 10:32 AM
If its coilovers you have why dont you higher it, my avo ones were too low at first but i can to higher it.

Aragorn
28-01-05, 10:48 AM
spax kit only has front coil overs and std rear shocks n springs

rear coilovers need a lot of strengthening work on the beam and turret as these areas are not designed to be taking the full load of the rear of the car as std

due to this spax didnt include rear coil overs
and im sure the newer avo kits have normal shocks and springs on the rear too

Philsutton
28-01-05, 10:50 AM
ah yes forgot this

nova_kev
28-01-05, 01:19 PM
if the rear beam couldn't handle the extra weight then why would companys produce them with rear coilovers?!

Jack
28-01-05, 01:23 PM
Because people want them, simple as.

As is the case with most aftermarket bodykits, rear coilovers probably come with a label saying "this product may require some minor work to fit" :lol:

raza
28-01-05, 01:27 PM
yea i was looking at a shop the other day asked about a custom bdy kit he was like " yea they fit novas u just have to drill new holes and cut it a bit here and there and weld a bit here and there so really it was Pointles .

nova_kev
28-01-05, 01:29 PM
now that you mention it, my AVO coilovers did come with a note saying some modification may be required 8)