PDA

View Full Version : Brett Warburtons Nova Forsale.

nova---chris
27-01-05, 12:36 PM
Received a Txt today from Brett saying is car will be for sale.
Genuine reasons for sale and a very reluctant one.
Just thought id mention this altho i presume fearless may post the spec of the car sometime soon ect ect.

So if anyone has the money and is intrested id get in contact with him.
No wishers/dreamers/test pilots/chavs and gangstas.

The car has only coverd 3k since its rebuild.
This is so sad to see such a nice car have to be sold. Big respect to brett for this car. Perhaps the best nova ever to be built?? And one of the most known ones on the nova scene!!

NovaNeil
27-01-05, 12:41 PM
No Way :o

Any idea how much he wants for it Chris :?:

I really hope a genuine enthiusast buys it and looks after it like Brett did. And not just a boy racer with rich parents. :(

Neil

nova---chris
27-01-05, 12:45 PM
Dont know the price mate. Just had the txt around 10am this morning .
Just put serious offerd at the end of it mate. Cant get in contact at the moment either.

So if anyone has some serious money and wants a nice serious car. There you go!

Agree with you on this one neil hope someone buys it who will look after it and keep it as mint as ever!!

Ben
27-01-05, 01:27 PM
Is a bit of a bad time to try selling it as there are a few serious nova's for sale at the moment with Martin hill etc seling theres.

Jack
27-01-05, 01:28 PM
Perhaps the best nova ever to be built?? And one of the most known ones on the nova scene!!
I'd agree on that. How come he's selling up? I dread to think how many thousands he's put into that car, in time and money!

_Ben_
27-01-05, 04:22 PM
Holy crap.

Fair do's gotta move on at some point! I wonder if it'll go? The scene is fading... FAST!

Cheers.

raza
27-01-05, 04:28 PM
any pictures of this car? anywhere?

_Ben_
27-01-05, 04:40 PM
Yep.

http://images5.fotki.com/v85/photos/4/48802/1011115/DSC00224-vi.jpg
http://images5.fotki.com/v66/photos/4/48802/492196/vx_nova_003-vi.jpg
http://images5.fotki.com/v84/photos/4/48802/1011115/DSC00225-vi.jpg

Cheers.

raza
27-01-05, 04:52 PM
Looks nice Bet its got some power aint it

Ian
27-01-05, 05:01 PM
i have spoken to him and it is a genuine reason for sale, its not as if he just wants rid, or bored with it, he will no longer be able to keep it, and it will not be replaced with another car etc

He will take serious offers for it, bear in mind the cost of parts and shell prep gone into it. It may come to him having to break it, but he would require most of the major parts to be taken before he breaks it, if anyone wants a very good shell now is your chance.

Stuart
27-01-05, 05:06 PM
id say its more than likely to be broken as no one will be silly enough to pay what hes likely to want for it.

Alex
27-01-05, 05:07 PM
I seriously hope it doesn't though :(

Stuart
27-01-05, 05:13 PM
jesus people, stop mourning lol

benji
27-01-05, 05:14 PM
i'll have the windows :D

epo
27-01-05, 05:26 PM
how much is it worth out of interest

krobinson
27-01-05, 05:30 PM
The scene is fading... FAST!

Thats exactly what i keep thinking :(

Martin's selling his, Nick Caro mentioned he'd sell his for the right cash, and now Brett...

Who's next?

The problem is, for every one thats being sold/broken, there aint very many being built to same standard!

Pity!

Keith

_Ben_
27-01-05, 05:42 PM
Who's next?

Me! I've just finished taking the engine out of K95!! If I had the time I'd like to make a track weapon Nova like Ian S etc etc unfortunately, as Brett has demontrated, circumstances change!

Good luck to him, hope it sells!

Cheers.

Mike.
27-01-05, 06:15 PM
can't believe he's selling it, but iff thats what he wants to do..........

Nick
27-01-05, 06:35 PM
yep. i'd love to own that car if only i could insure it.

i probably could scrape the money to buy it, but i'd feel guilty as i'm no mechanic, and to use it for an everyday car would be cruel.

?Marty?
27-01-05, 06:36 PM
OF COURSE the scene is dying. It is to be expected, with the age of the car and etc.

It's a shame he's selling the car, and i'd love to own it. But would never pay what it is 'worth' to Brett.

krobinson
27-01-05, 07:01 PM
Who's next?

Me! I've just finished taking the engine out of K95!! If I had the time I'd like to make a track weapon Nova like Ian S etc etc unfortunately, as Brett has demontrated, circumstances change!

Good luck to him, hope it sells!

Cheers.

Yeah true, things change i guess...

Keith

Fester
27-01-05, 07:19 PM
I'm not interested in buying it but I'd be interested to see what sort of offer he would take.

CP
27-01-05, 07:31 PM
:o if this car gets broken it will be a huge shame - the effort thats gone into it - it just doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

epo
27-01-05, 07:50 PM
I'm not interested in buying it but I'd be interested to see what sort of offer he would take.

ditto

Barn
27-01-05, 07:57 PM
I'm sure at Trax I heard that its cost him about ?40K with all the rebuilds and everything over the years

Jim
27-01-05, 08:24 PM
I'm sure Brett wouldn't sell it to just anyone if he manages to sell it whole.

Jim

nova_kev
27-01-05, 08:30 PM
i can see him wanting about 10k for it, which to be honest if you think about it is probably about right. but at the end of the day ( i hate to say this) its a nova and no nova is worth 10k.

it would be a shame to break it but i think thats going to be his best option if he wants as much as he can get for it.

how much for the cage???? 8)

Riggy
27-01-05, 08:33 PM
:o as already said i would like to know what a nova of this quality goes for

but i can see it bein broken for parts really

Will
27-01-05, 08:43 PM
id see him wanting 9 grand for it but it takes someone special to pay that sort of cash.

mintest nova ive ever seen and you know how picky i used to be :lol:

i remember cp telling me he was underneath it, every nut and bolt had been raplaced serious car!!

SRlew
27-01-05, 08:48 PM
i'd love to own that car but id be scared to drive it!
well nice i'd be gutted to sell that!

Mel
27-01-05, 09:45 PM
:o I can't believe it's being sold, but as there's no other choice, I just hope it goes to someone that gives it as much care/attention as Brett's given it.

Ian
27-01-05, 09:58 PM
we discussed what its worth in breaking it and getting to about 8k in parts alone

fearless
27-01-05, 11:25 PM
I don't wish to it being broke for parts (and neither does Brett) but realistically I think thats what will happen - theres more money to be made - unless someone REALLY wants it and will pay decent money for it

Dave

_Ben_
27-01-05, 11:28 PM
Dave,

In light of the calculations on the parts being sold separately, has Brett decided on afigure that he would accept? The golden question... what is it?

Cheers.

peester
27-01-05, 11:32 PM
i doubt any figures are going to get thrown around a forum. like sed its kinda too special, but it does also seem too difficult to get to him to make an offer. tis kinda exciting this, lol. most expensive nova ever?? when new gsi's cost ?11,500 - think they wud still be most expensive bought/sold nova wouldn't they? or has a nova ever fetch over ?12,000?

Matt Nova
27-01-05, 11:38 PM
gutted love that car hope whoever get's it takes care of it

fearless
27-01-05, 11:40 PM
Brett only decided a couple of weeks ago that he was selling the nova - prior to that - I had a dog box/plate diff etc lined up for him and we were looking around for a EPS steering column off a corsa B to convert to electric steering !!!

So it's come as a bit of a shock to me too - but he explained his reasons and I understand why he has to do it

We havn't discussed what sort of money he will accept for it - or even what its worth in parts - but I'm sure Brett has a figure in his head

Dave

Matt Nova
27-01-05, 11:48 PM
well if he's sure then all the best for him

hope he gets what he wants for it and look forward to seeing his next project

Hope its Vauxhal tho :P

Rick Draper
28-01-05, 12:16 AM
As much as i hate to say it, tbh i dont think its all worth that much as a whole. At the end of the day its always going to be Bretts old car, it will have that stigma attatched forever. It aint a track car and it aint a road car, track car would have been fully caged properly(and have no sunroof), road car would not have been caged, its a show car. If someone buys the shell whats the first thing they will do? Paint it to stop it been bretts old car, there goes ?1k in a full respray, so instantly the shell is worth not a lot etc!

At the end of the day all it is is a nova, like any other it will still rot, still showing its age. The only bits that are worth cash as the none vaux bits :lol: :lol: Rick

Rick Draper
28-01-05, 12:20 AM
TBH in response to the end of nova posters, its not the end of the nova, its the end of 2 peoples projects. Little ,more than that, now get a fucking grip of yourselves. Rick

Stuart
28-01-05, 07:55 AM
put it on ebay, some moron will pay ?15K for it lmao

Ben
28-01-05, 08:03 AM
At the end of the day its always going to be Bretts old car, it will have that stigma attatched forever.

Exactly what i think, if you buy it and done anything to it then people would moan and if you went to shows it would always be bretts regardless of what you do to it.

Lee H
28-01-05, 08:53 AM
TBH in response to the end of nova posters, its not the end of the nova, its the end of 2 peoples projects. Little ,more than that, now get a f**k grip of yourselves. Rick

Totally agree, should be a few Nova's at the shows this year that have been off the scene for a couple of years whilst being made better.

nova_kev
28-01-05, 01:17 PM
nova's will only die when we run out of rolling shells!

plenty more years left for them yet! 8)

raza
28-01-05, 01:24 PM
What sorter BHP is that car capable of? have to say dont like the colour but the car loks really nice spectially the Engine bay

karl Rowntree
28-01-05, 10:53 PM
Got the same text off Brett the other day, and spent the rest of the day talking to him via texts lol.

I say fair play Brett, he is moving on to better things and i wish him all the luck for the future. :wink:

I think it would be best for Brett to brake the car though i know he wouldnt want to do this. Its probably the best for him though as regards to money and also calling an end to HIS car.

If i hadnt made my recent purchase i think i would possibly buy bretts car and probably for the money he wants. Its an awesome car and i would love to enjoy it for what it was built for, its just a same brett hasnt got round to using it like he wanted. And to be honest rick it would be serious fun around a track regardless of its cage etc.

I thin kBreet should bring it over to Germany with us and rag the arse out of it then sell it :lol: Lets have a show of hands

P.S Dave i think Brett should just give it to you, he must owe you what its worth in labour costs! :lol:

Karl

karl Rowntree
29-01-05, 12:35 AM
Just been on Mig and seen there replys, what a bunch of knobs!

I couldnt even be bothered to waste my time writing a reply to there comments.

Karl

Jules
29-01-05, 01:13 AM
Just been on Mig and seen there replys, what a bunch of knobs!

I couldnt even be bothered to waste my time writing a reply to there comments.

Karl

Typical replys I expected from Mig to be honest, I remember when Olly had his Astra GSi LET up for sale - they were all over it, no-one then was saying "Well it's a MK3 Astra at the end of the day so it's only really worth ?1000"
:roll:

njc11
29-01-05, 12:27 PM
This car has to be bought by someone!!!

It will be heart breaking to see this car ripped to pieces :o

The amount of time and effort gone into making the car what it is... it can't be broken!!

Surely somebody out there who's thinking of spending money on a nova to a similar spec of bretts would do better buying a car already done, it makes sense!! Plus you don't have the hassle of getting everythng together!! Plus all the time / labour / sourcing parts etc etc / fabrication etc etc...

?10k would be a bargain...

You add everything up for what you would want on your project and i bet you it won't be far out form the ?10k sum...

I know i would consider buying it, and just perhaps add a few personal touches to the car to make it ' mine ' !!

Ive been in touch with Brett... good luck to you mate!! 8)

Cheers

Nick

Ste_Nova
29-01-05, 01:15 PM
I know i would consider buying it, and just perhaps add a few personal touches to the car to make it ' mine ' !!

why don't you buy it nick.. then you can use that black one as a runnaround

fearless
30-01-05, 02:13 PM
Hi Dave,

Bloody hell. Caused a fair few posts there. Pity more people seem to be concerned with why rather than buy. The price of ?10k people seem to be putting is strange seeing as I've not said a price but it's been mention several times.

I'd take ?10k tomorrow for a quick sale if somebody was serious & you could quote that on the threads for me if you would be so kind mate.

Also as far a breaking it I don't want to see that happen but if it's going to I'd need a firm deposits on the shell, rolling or not, the engine, tb's, gearbox & some other major stuff before I'd even think about it.

This would still be an extremely hard thing for me to do as I know once gone it can never be replaced & ?10k is a bargain if people realised how much time money & effort on your part had gone into creating this car but unfortunately it comes back to the 'it's only a nova'.

I'm not registered on either of these sites anymore probably coz I've not posted for over a year so if you could put some of this on both the thread I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Brett.

Dave

RJM25R
30-01-05, 10:41 PM
Shame Brett is selling, because it has been a huge part of his life for ten years. All good things must come to an end, and hopefully someone will get a fantastic car for a very good price!

It would be a real shame if it doesn't sell as a whole.

But a quick message to all the "Nova is dead" doom-mongers, this year will see some kick-ass machines, including some moron witha euro-flavoured slammed 8x13" wheeled XE in pastel colour that he has been trying to keep secret for a year...... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

flushsimon
30-01-05, 11:23 PM
THeRe iS a NoVa THaT BReaKs THe BouNDeRieS So FaR, iT WiLL sPLiNTeR & sHaTTeR MiNDs oF aLL DouBTeRs wHo See iT?

[DouBTiNG THiS PosT BaSeD oN MY DeLiVeRY? MoRe TecHNiCaLLY MiNDeD? TRY a PWR oF aRouND 1.7 THaT WiLL TuRN aND HaNDLe BeTTeR THaN aLMosT aNYTHiNG oN THe CiRCuiT]

karl Rowntree
30-01-05, 11:29 PM
Nice one dave for posting that up mate. Maybe it will shut a few of the monkeys up on MIG.

Flushsimon, sorry mate but have you not grown out of the random caps lock thing yet? I cant be arsed to read what you right though i am sure it makes sense :wink: Why do it?

Karl

Ian
31-01-05, 02:32 AM
THeRe iS a NoVa THaT BReaKs THe BouNDeRieS So FaR, iT WiLL sPLiNTeR & sHaTTeR MiNDs oF aLL DouBTeRs wHo See iT?

[DouBTiNG THiS PosT BaSeD oN MY DeLiVeRY? MoRe TecHNiCaLLY MiNDeD? TRY a PWR oF aRouND 1.7 THaT WiLL TuRN aND HaNDLe BeTTeR THaN aLMosT aNYTHiNG oN THe CiRCuiT]

If you are on about bepe we have heard it all before (2003 the year of bepe - RB) from whats posted on rb its not getting finished as he is bored?

Pack in the shit typing if you expect to stay on here

RJM25R
31-01-05, 08:38 AM
FLUSHSIMON- When u gonna post up pics of your car???

njc11
31-01-05, 04:29 PM
He may have the wrong forum??

A jap bumper'd chav tastic Saxo!!! proper scally car!!

They are hopefully taking over from the reputation the Nova has/had...

LOL!!!

Sorry its the best i could come up with!!

So who's cars will be around this year??? the only one i can think of is Rick Drapers??

Whats this Euro spec one???

Cheers

Nick

Ric 16v
31-01-05, 04:35 PM
why do peole do it ? what I mean is build a kick ass, clean as fuck and extreamly fast car then go and break it ? what is the point, I'v heard and seen it happen a few times on here. but to be honest if I had 10k I would buy it 2moro, it's like a piece of history, when will you ever see a nova built to that standard again ? probably never !!!! hope you sell it to an enthusiast and not some dick head who is going to have it fucked in a few weeks

krobinson
31-01-05, 05:56 PM
So who's cars will be around this year??? the only one i can think of is Rick Drapers??

See New thread, and add your name to the list if appropriate. http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=438782

Keith

?Marty?
31-01-05, 06:00 PM

Ah the alternating CAPS LOCK ON and off technique to express one's 'individuality' and 'flair'. You da man homie. :roll: ''PWR'' and ''Bounderies'' indeed.

- Chav XTRMNTR.

Al Wilson
02-02-05, 04:10 PM
Hello

I had to make a post!

Really sorry to hear it is going Brett but as said, you have your reasons and eventually all good things must come to a conclusion.

Your car has been an inspiration to mine and I know alot of other people. It was always fantasic to see it at the shows - its a shame you brought the Corsa to Wicksteed the last time I saw you, it would of been nice to have one last look.

As for braking, it will make you more money than selling it whole I am sure, from the experience of my own car. Braking it also allows no one else to have 'your' car that you have spent so much time, effort and money on over the years.

Thank you for the rollcage all those years ago! It has a good home now......

I hope you get what you want,

Al

RJM25R
28-02-06, 08:07 PM
Bretts looking for ?8000 for it now (in TV)

Somebody must want it????

Nick J
28-02-06, 11:43 PM
Hey guys, Ive seen this in the back of tv for a few mnths now, I believe the ad now reads offers in region of 8k. Someone will get an excellent well built motor there :thumb: