PDA

View Full Version : The term 'chav' - passe or still alive?

Fester
27-01-05, 04:24 AM
I'm making a stand

The whole 'chav' thing was funny; laughing at Burberry morons and Argos bling.

Recently things have got totally out of hand.

Anything and everything is construed as 'chav'! As far as I can see the only thing not 'chav' as of 2005 is posting internet messages proclaiming everyone else (and their activities) to be a chav!

Get a grip and leave it in 2004!

dunova
27-01-05, 08:20 AM
I agree, it's gone way too far now. The term chav has become a lot more commercial and used more as a term of affection or indearment. The whole reason people create names such as 'chav' is so they can use the term towards people they don't like/hate, therefore the term chav is no longer insulting.

I still hate 'chavs', and you know the people i mean. I think a new term should be bought forward for these theiving, badly dressed, IQ of 12, scavvy bastards. And when that becomes commercial, think of another one!!

Stuart
27-01-05, 12:36 PM
chav has just replaced scally/scouse/northen chaps in general lol

Alex
27-01-05, 02:21 PM
Speaking of Northern chaps isn't there going to be a legal red light zone in Liverpool?

Class

Ian
27-01-05, 05:13 PM
So i take it we will you and cambridge up north more often then, well maybe not as didnt see anything about rent boys in the article.

Nick
27-01-05, 05:51 PM
pmsl @ "northen chaps"

it was on coronation street the other week (sally websters kids) One has turned into a "goth" and the other said

"god. when i grow older, i don't wanna be a goth, i'm gonna be a chav" - or something to that effect

i was in hysterics

Mike.
27-01-05, 06:25 PM
you watch coronation street :lol:

i got called a chav at work today because i dare own a nova

f00kers

?Marty?
27-01-05, 06:47 PM
It's all pathetic bullshit. Whether negative or an 'affectionate label' (it is used far more for the former than the latter), WTF is the fascination with LABELS for EVERYTHING.

People seem to think that applying a negative label to someone else, will instantly make themselves seem better off.

No. The label is irrelevant.

Riggy
27-01-05, 09:02 PM
yeah its past it :D its gettin so annoyin now when its 'chav' this and 'chav' that

epo
27-01-05, 09:04 PM

nowt wrong with corrie :wink:

Ricks
27-01-05, 09:08 PM
im fooked off with it 2 but wht will it be next we have townies,chavs carnt think off many more. why carnt ppl just grow up we dont need to call ppl shit if they wanna go around begging ppl for money let em as long as they stay away from my family and friends

Nick
27-01-05, 09:17 PM

nowt wrong with corrie :wink:

lol, what is even worse, is my surname is Corrie how ironic ! :| :?

lmao

Philsutton
28-01-05, 10:17 AM
may be past its best but what are we supposed to call these morons now?

dan_mk1
28-01-05, 10:24 AM
Fester is a chav!

Jack
28-01-05, 12:42 PM
Its human nature to label/stereotype things, especially to social groups.

?Marty?
28-01-05, 05:40 PM
If you dislike someone, you don't need to label them. You just say you dislike them, and state why.

Infact, 'Chav' means absolutely NOTHING to me. IT's not even what i'd call a word.

Fuck it. My new label for 2005 is 'Quimbot'. THIS will describe them now. Tremble.

Philsutton
28-01-05, 07:09 PM
Why are you all whingin about labels an sterotyping, everyone on this forum is in a sterotypical group, we drive novas. Get over it