PDA

View Full Version : corsa sri 16v?? my sri

Anonymous
27-02-02, 07:06 PM
ok bob asked earlier bout his sr vs a corsa sri 8v, ive got a mint sri (5o,ooo miles, de catted, kn filter, full system) against a corsa sri 1.4 16v (i think there is one) would i stand a chance, or not, has all the usual sri stuff like gsi brakes, springs etc....

Anonymous
27-02-02, 08:42 PM
my 1.4SRi had 4-1manfiold n zorst system, airfilter, fuelin adjusted.
Hot hatchwise it had beaten;
Peugout 1.4Quicksilver,Fiesta Zetec S,
Corsa 1.4Sri, 1.4Sports 16v, 1.6Sports 16v
I have raced all the cars above against people who know how to drive and also raced against several different owners (raced 3 1.6sports 16v and beat them all). I have followed my mates 1.6sports 16v bumper to bumper down the motorway with my clock showing 130mph just before redline and his was just at the limit showing 130mph too (rang him up and asked). obviously we wernt going that 130mph but it shows that my max speed is the same as the 1.6sports. so tubz you shouldnt have a problem beating most standard 1.4's 1.6's hot hatchs. just get the manifold on their and you'll gain loads of power 5000rpm +. just remember to rev the bollocks of the car. if your racing dont change gear till before redline. but if you do race your car hard it wont be a "mint" SRi for much longer.

HTH