PDA

View Full Version : helpppp!!

anz
26-01-05, 04:22 PM
Right, a couple of things i need to know about cos i am tackling them at the weekend.

mk2 nova dash in my mk1. will it go straight in? do i need any bits other than the dash and the bits that go with the dash?

magnum bucket seats or cheap bucket seats but hugging ones... where from?

also a BOLT IN roll cage, one that comes into the front. having trouble sourcing one.. any one know anywhere?

cheers rood boys :D

dan-hipgrave
26-01-05, 05:15 PM
Dont know about the roll cage or bucket seats, but i do know about the dash conversion having done one to my car...

You need:

The dash and all other dash buttons/bits (obviously)
The plugs and a bit of loom on each
The heater cables
The heater matrix bottom cover
Heater ducting stuff

Erm i think thats it, you then just wire it up colour for colour to the existing loom..

anz
26-01-05, 06:36 PM
bloody hell :(

dan-hipgrave
26-01-05, 06:37 PM
dont worry mate, its not too big a job - hardest part for me was getting the old steering wheel off..

Jack
26-01-05, 07:24 PM
you then just wire it up colour for colour to the existing loom..
...except for the blower/heated rear windscreen switch; this has the colours swapped round. Can't remember off the top of my head how they go, so check a haynes manual.

Don't forget you'll also need the mk2 steering column shrouds.

To be honest its not a hard job at all.... and taking the Mk1 dash out is the best thing ever skanky mk1s lol :lol:

Phil_G
26-01-05, 07:33 PM
skanky mk1s lol

:o :x :o :x

:P

Phil

Rexy
26-01-05, 07:35 PM
Right, a couple of things i need to know about cos i am tackling them at the weekend.

mk2 nova dash in my mk1. will it go straight in? do i need any bits other than the dash and the bits that go with the dash?

magnum bucket seats or cheap bucket seats but hugging ones... where from?

also a BOLT IN roll cage, one that comes into the front. having trouble sourcing one.. any one know anywhere?

cheers rood boys :D

Magnum are ok, Check out Motordrive seats they usually only deal with and are well known within the rally community.

Rollcage, Dya want FIA approved or is it just for show?

if its for show, Your a big girl. If not, Safety devices, Rollcentre or even OMP and sparco all make them for the nova. Try and get hold of one thats been trial fitted if going second hand, if not buy new. Quick search will give results.

Rexy
26-01-05, 07:38 PM
you then just wire it up colour for colour to the existing loom..
...except for the blower/heated rear windscreen switch; this has the colours swapped round. Can't remember off the top of my head how they go, so check a haynes manual.

Don't forget you'll also need the mk2 steering column shrouds.

To be honest its not a hard job at all.... and taking the Mk1 dash out is the best thing ever skanky mk1s lol :lol:

Skanky Mk1's Eh....

War Biatch!!!!

Jack
26-01-05, 08:01 PM
:lol: thought that'd get a good reaction :wink: *cough* of course I'm referring to the dash, not the entire car *cough*... as I have a mk1 now :lol:

if its for show, Your a big girl. If not, Safety devices, Rollcentre or even OMP and sparco all make them for the nova.
Aren't show cages more expensive than decent ones??

(by decent I mean ones that actually serve their purpose rather than look shiney lol)

Philsutton
26-01-05, 08:15 PM
get a 6 point bolt in cage from safety devices, think they are about 350 an look rather nice as well