View Full Version : Look what i did last Sunday :(

MattNova
26-01-05, 03:01 PM
His Car:
http://img195.exs.cx/img195/7495/picture59dp.jpg
http://img195.exs.cx/img195/4646/picture68vu.jpg
My Car;
http://img195.exs.cx/img195/8582/picture781ad.jpg
Basically it was first thing on Sunday morning, was going round a corner (bout 5mph), could not see due to the sun being so low (thats why i was going so slow) and did not see him untill i went into him :(
now ive got to pay out to have his fixed (should not be too much as he is not going to the main dealer and there is not a lot of damage anyway) and pay to get mine fixed.
now my clutch is slipping aswell so that has got to be replaced this week and ive got a holiday to pay off by the end of the month. so basically i got FOOK all money for a while :(
just fort id let ya know how unhappy i am. BLOODY CARS!!!!!!!!

Matt2107
26-01-05, 03:06 PM
Gutted mate....

look on the bright side though....

could have been a ferrari

raza
26-01-05, 03:21 PM
lucky u was only going slow then m8 could of been alot worse

Jack
26-01-05, 03:22 PM
Ouch... looks like yours took the brunt of the damage, but his might be worse than it looks - I hit someone in the rear once; his car appeared to have hardly any damage as the bumper just bounced back to shape, but still needed about ?300 worth of work (and that was just the bumper alone!).

Make sure he sends you a copy of the quote for repair... and make the cheque out in the garage's name, not his! :wink:

raza
26-01-05, 03:40 PM
yea twatting bmws aint cheap to repair could easy be ?300 if it is a bmw looks like it from the front

dunova
26-01-05, 03:42 PM
Audi mate :wink:

raza
26-01-05, 03:44 PM
damn could be worse ;\

Jack
26-01-05, 03:51 PM
Audi mate :wink:
Best get a loan arranged then... :lol:

MattNova
26-01-05, 04:45 PM
yeah it could have been a lot worse, i cud have been going faster or injored, but still very gutting for me. the garage that he's taking it to is just down the road from me, and they aint too expensive, jus hope a bit of paint and popping out of bump is all thats needed or it is likely to get into big figgures. if thats the case ive got to go thru the insurance, don want to but can afford more than ?400. my car will have to wait for a bit but he wont wait for his money. a loan sounds like a good idea tho, i could get the C20LET that ive always wanted if i get one of them :P lol

Ste_Nova
26-01-05, 05:39 PM
was the sun so low that the visors weren't affective.... or do you have your seat tilted back too far?

Fester
26-01-05, 08:20 PM
If the Audi was mine there's no way I'd be doing sketchy 'I'll fix it' cash deals, would be straight down an Audi dealers etc.

Why don't you just go through your insurance? I know your premium will increase but the can of worms to be opened if there's an unsatisfactory repair or something is damn massive!

Nick
26-01-05, 08:24 PM
looks quite bad.

good idea taking a picture. As he could've crashed again that day and blamed the latter damage on you if you hadn't got photo evidence.

happened to someone we went into on holiday (dad), they tried to claim for a further ?2k worth of damage.

p.s nice car fester. shame it's "brown bread"

Jack
26-01-05, 08:31 PM
Why don't you just go through your insurance? I know your premium will increase but the can of worms to be opened if there's an unsatisfactory repair or something is damn massive!

Personally I'd rather sort it privately.... if he takes it to his chosen garage and says this is how much it will be, and he's happy for you to pay then do it. If he's not happy with the end result thats his lookout, he chose the garage not you. When you send him a cheque make sure you say its "in full and final settlement of your claim" though, or words to that effect... so he can't come back afterwards and try to screw you through insurance or whatever.

Snowface
26-01-05, 10:35 PM
look on the bright side though....

lol, sorry.

bummer about the scrape. you gonna get ur insurance to cover it? if he needs a new bumper or even a resray it could cost a lot.

MattNova
27-01-05, 08:45 AM
yeah i know that it might cost a lot. the reason that he's not taking it to the main dealer is because its a company car. he didn't seem bothered at all when i showed it to him, he was just like "never mind, ive had it hit 4 times parked there before". the reason that my visors were unaffective is, cuz im tall f i have the visor down enough for it to stay in one place then i cant see the road att all, i can just see past the end of my bonnet. if i position them so that i can still see the raod then they dont stay in place, they just move to the windscreen. basicall they are pretty useless. when i took the pics i dint fink bout if he had a crash later, i just thought that if i could prove that he was parked on a corner and with 2 wheels on the pavement that if he got awkward with it i could bring up that he was parked in an stupid place and that its illegal for you to park with 2 wheels on the pavement. i dont plan to bring it up now, it was just like a "just in case" thing. neway i still have not got his quote, it happened on sunday and he told me that as soon as he had got the quote that he would nip me a copy, i would have expected to get it mon/ tues. maybe he's jus busy.
i'll let you know what happens when i get the quote.
Mattnova