PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2 carb running problems

SKoob
25-01-05, 11:59 PM
Right, I've got a 1.2 carb nova as a runaround atm, the head gasket went on it a month or so ago and leading upto that it was very juddery at low revs. When the head was off had a look to see what condition the pistons were in and the bores and they were very good. Head was completely rebuilt with new valve stem oil seals, seats and the valves were all ground in and the head was skimmed to get it true again. Did the headgasket and it seemed to be the same. I've had the timing and the mixture adjusted. Its got new plugs, leads, cap, rotar arm. Its running a brand new ITG filter and i've even replaced the coil and the dizzy and its still juddery if you try and climb through the revs. Past a certain point it clears and pulls very cleanly. Any ideas what the problem could be? I've got a suspicion it might be a worn carb, but i'm not entirely sure :|

dannyboy21
26-01-05, 07:13 AM
your prob on the rigth track m8. have u cleaned out the jets? possible that u pulled some crap up from the fuel tank had same prob with a 1.4sr.

SKoob
26-01-05, 09:54 AM
i've used some carb cleaner

johnny27
26-01-05, 01:03 PM
Carb cleaner is alright from greasy or oilly dirt, but if its something bigger or stronger like a shaving of metal of a small bit of a stone chip or something like that the carb cleaner won't help, just loose the carb down and clean the jets.