PDA

View Full Version : Got Butt f***ed before Christmas!

CP
25-01-05, 10:40 PM
Got my phone bill through a little while ago for December. Some thieving scally raped my phone connection and had ?90 worth of calls away to Tuvalu which is near Samoa and Fiji in the fecking Pacific ocean! :o

Cnuts! :evil: I'm well pished off about it.

Watch you backs with these Pop up ads shite - its a dirty old world out there! :(

dan-hipgrave
25-01-05, 10:41 PM
bloody hell, hope you get it sorted out ok mate. Dont need something like that :evil:

Nick
25-01-05, 10:42 PM
Ahh that's really unlucky. Sorry to hear about that.

it could have been alot worse though (i.e thousands)

We had an electricity bill for ?854, but someone was tapping our electricity, they got found out, and we got a bill of ?0.00 in the end.

maybe justice will happen !

ANDYRACER
25-01-05, 10:51 PM
LEFT MY WAP ON ON MY CONTRACT FONE FROM 1AM TILL 4PM 500 QUID FONE BILL SHITTTT KNOW CNT AFFORD ANOTHER NOVA COZ I HAD TO SELL MY GSI TO PAY FOR IT.

Snowface
25-01-05, 11:17 PM
yeah!! when we were on isdn we got charged for several premium rate numbers on our ISDN line!!

ISDN line can only uses by PC's so all those premium calls MUST have come through our internet connection the thieving cutns!

(?40 worth nearly i think)

NovaNickHead
25-01-05, 11:52 PM
one of my mates suggested i sign up to a text site online...sms.ac or somthing i did and it automatically puts you in bids i didnt opt out and it kept sending me messages all day everyday

got my bill through for december and it was ?116!!

these messages costing me 85p to recieve each one whether i like it or not!!

since removed self from site, only the other day tho when i got my bill so another months worth to come when january bill comes throu

Jack
25-01-05, 11:54 PM
one of my mates suggested i sign up to a text site online...sms.ac or somthing
I keep getting "invites" to that... always was a bit suspiciuos of giving out my mobile number online since I did it with msn messenger and it flooded me with messages...

CP
26-01-05, 08:42 AM
Well since I found out I spoke to my line provider and they have call barred international and premium rate lines on all my 3 lines. We got a prefix to use if we want to use these lines. One immediate advantage of that is thats its stopped my brother sneaking long phone calls out to his g/friend in france :lol:

Second thing I done is download some software that Breeny(cheers mate) and my internet connection provider suggested. I actually paid for the full program which prevents data mining cookies from getting on your PC as you are browsing. It was about 21 euros to buy and its Ad-aware and can be found at:

http://www.lavasoft.com

Stuart
26-01-05, 08:59 AM
lmao @ your bro calling the bird

Will
26-01-05, 09:48 AM
adaware is good at stopping all the junk from getting onto your PC, with the full paid for version you can configure it to run at a set time and auto update without you needing to touch it which is nice.

only other thing i would recommend for everyone is good up to date anti virus software (AVG free is fine)

and make sure windows updates are...... up to date!

the dial up and SMS scams piss me right off :evil: :evil:

on a side note does anyone keep getting phone calls on their landline, when you pick up it says sumthing like "Hello, you have won a prize...."

etc all voice recorded

had one of them at 7am this morning, FFS

Snowface
26-01-05, 10:37 AM
you can download adaware 6 for free at downlaod.com

chapers
26-01-05, 10:47 AM
MS service pack 2 is good at blocking that sorta thing i only found out what it did AFTER i had a Trojan Horse Virus munching away at my hard drive what fun! :x

chaps

CP
26-01-05, 12:19 PM
you can download adaware 6 for free at downlaod.com

Yeah i tried that - it clears off stuff already on but to get it to intercept and bar stuff before it gets in you have to pay. Just having the free download doesn't really give you any protection cos the next time you go back on line its all out there waiting to get in again. It seems worse when I go on MSN or E-bay - get absolutely bombarded!

raza
26-01-05, 12:31 PM
X soft spy i use Retails at like $260's I got it free:) clears ure pc and everything really cool programme any one wants it just pm me and ill send it with the serial key

Will
26-01-05, 12:42 PM
X soft spy i use Retails at like $260's I got it free:) clears ure pc and everything really cool programme any one wants it just pm me and ill send it with the serial key

promoting boot legged software wont go down to well mate ;)

the good thing abt adaware professional (the one you pay for) as CP says is it "blocks" the problems before they do any harm so to speak.

If anyone needs any advice abt computer protection mumbo jumbo then give me a shout. i have plenty of stuff and useful advice being a computer science final year geek ;) lmfao

Will

Jack
26-01-05, 12:51 PM
I've always found Agnitum's Outpost Firewall to be pretty good at blocking unwanted content on websites (including many banner ads, just replaces them with [AD-IMG] text), and also keeping an eye on data going in and out of your pc

Breeny
26-01-05, 01:04 PM
I'll have a proper look next time I'm up Charles, you'll probably still have some rubbish on there.

For any of you budding IT geeks HiJackThis is probably the best program around at the minute for removing adware and spyware. Don't use it if your not confident with registry objects, running processes etc as you'll screw your OS installation up..

raza
26-01-05, 01:13 PM
it aint stolen or anything lol .. A friend i no in the states purchased it and sent it to me i used to use adaware but that is useless it dont clean all the adware and spyware on ure pc . Did a pc course at college for 3 years .. Alot of people i no use X soft but each to there own

dooooney
26-01-05, 02:11 PM
id say you should have your pc updated if your on windows xp make shure you have the survice pack 2 on it a good firewall and virus protecter. AD-Aware SE free download from the lavsoft site ive got it and it finds all my spyware and adware. also if you use msn alot you should also download the msn plug in that protects your pc from the harmfull adware that comes through msn. i use Sophos Anti-Virus and it is great dont use norton they send out there own viruses to get u :o shitty ppl and then u use zonealarm for my firewall it gets updated regualy and blocks nearly anything that comes at me i recomend that anyone who does not pay for things to download zone alarm and Ad-Aware se as you do not need to pay for good programs

Ian
26-01-05, 02:47 PM
you soft old fool, shouldnt have paid for the professional version theres a new microsoft one that does all that for free, ill find the link tonight

Jack
26-01-05, 03:15 PM
The MS anti-spyware doobrey wotsit is only beta isn't it? I've also heard some mixed reports as to whether its actually any good, although from personal experience it has picked up one or two things that Spybot and AdAware missed.... but then to be fair it also missed a bunch of stuff they picked up :lol:

CP
26-01-05, 05:51 PM
Well I dont mind paying for something someones worked on that does the job and is good value for money.
Its all an running fine now - had no more problems :D

Chris_W
26-01-05, 06:27 PM
Yeah I second that the MS Anti Spyware tool is pretty good, yes it's a beta, but it does seem shit hot for picking things up, and once you configure it, it will block things as they try to install themselves. One I'll buy if they charge for the full version (rumours are that they won't)

Chris

Breeny
26-01-05, 06:54 PM
it aint stolen or anything lol .. A friend i no in the states purchased it and sent it to me i used to use adaware but that is useless it dont clean all the adware and spyware on ure pc . Did a pc course at college for 3 years .. Alot of people i no use X soft but each to there own

X soft anti spyware is a well known fake anti spy/adware program. It contains malicious code to allow hackers free rein of your PC..

Can I just say that each PC is very individual, what works for one, will not work for another.

I've been testing the Microsoft beta version today (although not on Windows 98 as Charles has..) and am very impressed, I've been told they will be including it free on the next service pack..

raza
26-01-05, 06:55 PM
i never been hacked i use Panda Anti virus and X soft just to remove all the shit what gets on your pc .

Rexy
26-01-05, 07:27 PM
Hope they used lube to relive the pain when Butt fucking you CP.

Ste_Nova
26-01-05, 07:41 PM
had one of them at 7am this morning, FFS

yup... i keep getting them on my incoming only work dial up line... he talks out of the modem in the pc cause it autopickups up... so i've cut the wires :lol:

Jack
26-01-05, 08:03 PM
i never been hacked i use Panda Anti virus and X soft just to remove all the s**t what gets on your pc .

X soft anti spyware is a well known fake anti spy/adware program. It contains malicious code to allow hackers free rein of your PC..

Whoops! :lol:

Nick
26-01-05, 08:20 PM
Just downloaded the Microsoft Anti-spyware thingy

it just found and deleted a mixture of 278 Spyware infected files,registry keys, processes

I run Adware SE, and AVG, and Spybot daily, and these 278 items "Slipped past"

well worth getting all of them, as Adware will no doubt find certain files that the MX program doesn't.

whitty_nova_1300sr
28-01-05, 12:10 AM
buy a cheap 133 pc install smoothwall, no more probs :D :D :D

SKoob
28-01-05, 12:17 AM
if your looking for a program that actaully stops the spyware being installed in the first place, get a program called "Spywareblaster", its free and works, the only spyware I have had since installing that is a few tracking cookies and thats it 8) Have you got a firewall? If not I highly recomend Sygate Personal Firewall :wink: