PDA

View Full Version : Wider arches

boredbloke
25-01-05, 09:10 PM
All,

My wheels stick out from my body work about an inch front and back,

can i get something i.e stick on plastic trims that i can blend into the wing, to make the wheels flush with the body?

I just know that it won't get through the mot and i really can't be bothered to change my wheels over. (even though i have a set that fit properly in the backyard!)

epo
25-01-05, 09:41 PM
there was a nova at donny show last year it had some sort of corsa plastic arch lip things glued to
but it looked very shit

supernovas do a wide arch kit

Mike.
25-01-05, 09:53 PM
you can't be bothered to change your badly fitting wheels for the right wheels, you lazy git, there only in your back yard

SRimon
25-01-05, 10:33 PM
Right offset wheels are the way forward :wink:

Will F
26-01-05, 10:37 AM
Just put the proper wheels on.
You 'cant be bothered' to do that, but you can be bothered to buy some chavvy stick on pap and blend them in??

You bearings will last about 5 miles too, and the handling will be shite!

motobruce
26-01-05, 12:19 PM
You bearings will last about 5 miles too, and the handling will be s**t!

Why do u say that? Just because his wheels stick out :?

I fitted my new wheels and they stick out a bit so im going to put my old stock ones on for MOT.

raza
26-01-05, 12:33 PM
i had a k reg astra .. I stuck some 17 " on them with low profile tyres and they stuck out like 2-3 " all round it was shocking .. driving i went down the white lines in the road and it poulled u too the side went over a penny and nearly ripped the arch out :$ i had them on for all on 10 mins then back of and back to the shop for my money back wasnt fun

boredbloke
26-01-05, 01:07 PM
Mine handles much better than it used be and the difference between the two sets of wheels is one set are the standard GTE alloys and the others are speedlines.....

hmm i wonder which u guys would rather have...?

the reason they stick out is cos they're that wide

Jack
26-01-05, 01:30 PM
My old 15" OZ Exclusives were et38, the rears were ok but the fronts stuck out by about 5-10mm from under the arch.... never had any problems with MOTs or the law though (although on the few occasions the police checked the car, I always turned the wheels slightly anyway even if they didn't ask to see the tyre tread... so you couldn't see the wheels stick out lol)

epo
26-01-05, 06:37 PM
Mine handles much better than it used be and the difference between the two sets of wheels is one set are the standard GTE alloys and the others are speedlines.....

hmm i wonder which u guys would rather have...?

the reason they stick out is cos they're that wide

dont ask denny :lol:

Will F
27-01-05, 08:57 AM
Why are your Speedlines 'so wide'??
Is it because you have offensively wide tyres? 195 is pretty much the widest you can go.

The reason the bearings wont last is because I thought the offset was way out (and thats why they were stickin out) and a lot more pressure is put on the hub.

Ben
27-01-05, 10:20 AM
Wills been reading his Haynes modding manual again LOL

Will F
27-01-05, 10:35 AM
shut it! Your 18s stick out more than a tractor's!!

Ben
27-01-05, 11:05 AM
Yeah but they are 235/40/18"s What do you expect!!!

motobruce
27-01-05, 11:13 AM
Yeah but they are 235/40/18"s What do you expect!!!

fuckin hell! Got a pic?