PDA

View Full Version : choice...

sickrabbit
25-01-05, 06:05 PM
need help on this one ...

the roads in bedford are really shite , and at present my aiwa cd jumps like a beggar...so gonna get a newbie- but I,m on a budget , so I,ve narrowed it down to a few makes that are on ebay ( new )
clarion
sony
jvc

please , which is the better of these head units ...I NEED STABILITY.

Marc
25-01-05, 06:13 PM
i had a bit of a problem with me old head unit but i got a Alpine now n its works well, not in the list but its a good head unit if there is any cheap on ebay

epo
25-01-05, 06:21 PM
jvc imo

then sony

sickrabbit
27-01-05, 11:14 PM
jvc imo

then sony
yuo werent wrong ..installed the jvc ..
BRILLIANT.

NO SKIPS - NONE !!

THANKS GUYS, :wink:

Glytch
05-02-05, 11:40 PM
Sorry Epo, but i reckon JVC are pants, so are Sony (Explod crap), Clarion would have to tbe the best out of the three but then I'm biast.

My Clarion head unit is awesome, misses a bit on the midrange, vocals etc arent quiet as present as the bass and the tweets but nothin that cant be sorted with an EQ and cross overs

epo
06-02-05, 12:53 PM
ive never heard of any probs with jvc and they were considered to be alright
thats why i said them first but its alll down to opinion

alxlaw
06-02-05, 01:25 PM
jvc for me every time.....used to have a goodmans.......................ohhhhhh dear!......it wud skip if you sneezd!

Glytch
06-02-05, 04:14 PM
I'd put JVC and Goodmans in the same category, Clarion make quality stuff whilst the other two are cheap and nasty.

JBL on the other hand dont make the best looking gear but the can perform.

alxlaw
08-02-05, 06:45 PM
ah the voice of a man with a big wallet, jvc.....takes a hell of alot to make it skip and costs f**k all........Clarion are equal in non skipability and....ok look good to...but what kinda world is it where the thing that was built to make noise and lots of it has to look good aswell???......why so the chavs can rob it so u can spend mor money on an even more expencive bag of sh*te............................................. .................................................. ......................rant over!...........................sorry

Glytch
08-02-05, 08:24 PM
I had a yellow SR a few years ago that got broken into, all the stereo was nicked except for the sub cos it was bolted through the boot floor.

Dyu'know what the cufin chavs did, stabbed it with a screwdriver so that i couldnt use it. Ahem W*nkers!

Wish i was a man with a big wallet, just had much much experience doing installs for men who had money to pay someone else to do the install rather than do it themselves.

sickrabbit
08-02-05, 10:19 PM
thats just wrong wot them gimps done to your sub....

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their a***holes !

end of sermonn. :evil:

Glytch
08-02-05, 11:32 PM
PMSL :D

Still suspicious as to how much was taken by the staff at the recovery garage, most of them were driving kitted out cars.

the screwdriver through the sub kinda looks as if it was intended to look as if it had been bropken into by chavs????

sickrabbit
09-02-05, 09:53 PM
i,m not surprised you have a few doubts...i,d say that the damage was done when the tealeaf couldnt remove the sub , so stabbed it in aggrevation and spite. Either way , it was a lousy thing to do.....

bring back birching.

alxlaw
11-02-05, 12:04 PM
ok fair goes, i was lucky i spent 500 quid on ma fez'az ice....(it was "dirty" splx), but there was a hell of alot of it so it sounded swwet id done the lot maself, except the head unit coz i knew a guy who could put a "floating stealth bolt" in ????? (no i dunno what the hell he meant either) but it worked coz they didnt take that but not only did the chav'z rob ma subs n amps, (wich where bolted to the boot, they also ripped off all ma neons and broke a drivers door off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! w**kers, which turned out to be the death of the car, but the point is.... the cheap shitty stuff id put in would have hurt alot more if id put expencive stuff in and it wud sound the same (as i now know)................

and at the end of the day no matter what you do its gonna get robbed

Jack
11-02-05, 01:37 PM
and at the end of the day no matter what you do its gonna get robbed
Not really; if you look after your stuff, consider where and what you do with your car (if you sit in the middle of ChavLand with your stereo on full blast, expect it to get nicked), and spend money on decent security then you'll be ok.

Failing that.... get a big dog to live in the back seat :lol: