PDA

View Full Version : Went testing today at Llandow circuit.

BigRuss
24-01-05, 10:35 PM
I took the car to Llandow circuit today to give it a thrash and make sure everything was ok and ready for My next event in two weeks.

As the engine, box, gear linkage, shafts + hubs have been changed recently I had to put the car through it's paces, it's impossible to do this on the road properly so I booked the circuit for half a day.

We only had one prob and that was My tyre choice, I went out on MIchelin N00 slicks on the front which were good for the first few laps but started going off and caused the car to understeer, the grass needed cutting in a few places anyway :lol:

Other than that a very good worthwhile day was had, every thing was fine and no moments at all. Even with the understeer due to the tyres being too soft My times were consistantly 2 secs faster than with the old 1600 engine.

Car is now back in the unit with only one or two very small jobs to do before My rally in two weeks, can't wait!!

Riggy
24-01-05, 11:02 PM
nice one russ sounds good

cant wait to see it :lol:

James B
24-01-05, 11:04 PM
good news russ, u gonna be gettin any pics of this rally coming up then?

James

BigRuss
24-01-05, 11:07 PM
I'm hoping that Barn off this site will be servicing for Me on My next rally :wink: , no doubt He will get some photos during the day and post them on here.

Barn
25-01-05, 12:05 AM
fcuking right mate, will be there

I'm lucky enough to be one of the first in Russ's car with the new engine and it is impressive lads...to be fair its not just the engine though the attention to detail on the car is phenominal (sp) it could be a show car never mind a rally car! either adonised blue or carbon fibre bits everywhere, lol!

if there was one fault with it though I'd say it was abit on the quiet side, lol! :wink: :lol:

shame I couldnt make it today mate, but at least I know what it goes like now after yesterday...!

Russ : "Did you see those two sheep as we came over the top of the hill?"
Me: "Ahhh...no, sorry mate I didnt...I was...1, too busy trying to keep my pants clean and 2, too busy looking at the rev counter!" lol :twisted:

lol

Stuart
25-01-05, 07:54 AM
Russ : "Did you see those two sheep as we came over the top of the hill?"

lmao having illicit thoughts?

or was it the start to a joke to calm barneys nerves lol

mm llandow circuit. been there done that the spastitute set the lap record for the kart track in a single seater lol

Barn
25-01-05, 11:58 AM
lol @ cambridge...

no, I think it was the fact we went between them @ about 60mph on a narrow, narrow lane and if they had stepped out...type-o-thing, lol

:)

epo
25-01-05, 06:53 PM
any pics