PDA

View Full Version : engine wont start

storer
24-01-05, 03:28 PM
hi i no that everyone is probably sick of me askin questions but i really need some help as i dont have much money so i cant afford to take the car to a garage.
I bought nova_girl_sr old nova (the white one) a while back and and removed the 1.2 carb engine. I then bought a 1.4sri 8valve engine from a corsa. Ive now mounted the sri engine and attatched all the coolant pipes and the clutch cable and accelerator cable. Now im stuck wiring the new loom into the old one. I managed to find out from people on here what most of the wires are for and which ones i would need. Am i right in thinking i just need the following:

BLACK = SWITCHED LIVE
RED = CONSTANT LIVE
THICK BLUEAND RED = FUEL PUMP
GREEN = REV COUNTER

this is my problem i have wired all these up and the car still wont start, there is no spark and the fuel pump does nothing. Can anyone tell me what the problem maybe or where ive gone wrong as im really starting to get annoyed with it now. All of these wires come from a connector with nine wires going to it do i need any of the other wires and does anybody no what any of the other wires are for?

I would really appreciate any help as its really annoying having a car that is absalutaly mint (no rust and super clean) but just doesnt work its wasted just living in the garage. thanks in advance

briscoe2004
24-01-05, 05:45 PM
check you have the right wires for the switch live, and fuel pump.

check you have the coil wired up and plugged in 8)

Aragorn
24-01-05, 07:01 PM
you do have the fuel pump relay attached dont you?

what colors are the other spare wires?

you'll prolly have a solid blue - this the the dash sender for temperature

and probably have a brown/blue - this is engine management light - run this to the choke light on the dash - cut the brown/yellow wire off the choke knob on the dash and wire it to the brown/blue

if u get the engine management light working and this will let us know the ECU is getting power properly

are there any other spare connectors/cut wires etc u can see in the loom anywhere?

where abouts in the country are you?

assuming it IS wired up right and its not starting my moneys on the crank sensor as without it the engine wont start and they are reasonably fragile

storer
25-01-05, 01:45 PM
ive got the fuel pump relay attatched. ill go and take a lokk what colour the other wires are and get back to you i no that theres a brown/white one and another red/blue one but this one is thinner than the fuel pump wire.
im in mansfield notts thanks