PDA

View Full Version : Dilema!!...

alxlaw
24-01-05, 12:25 PM
ok as many of you kno iv been buyin bits for a 1.6i so i can put it in my puney 1.0.....
thing is its begginig to cost......alot!.....and i aint even baut the webbers yet!, and they aint gonna be cheap....and theres a milloion and 1 other things to think about aswell....i was feelin a bit down hearted last week when i worked it all out and put it this way its gonna be one hell of a wallet and ball ache..................
.....until yesterday morning when i was in my local moddin shop .....i mensiond what i was doin to the engine and the guy behind the till turned round and said......why bother.....iv got a 1.6 gsi you can av for ?200.............................thats when the old brain started tikkin coz iv had a look at it now and all it needs is a new n/s/f wing and some welding doing in the boot and a lick of paint, and its done i mean its white the same coulour as mine so i cud use the good bits of mine and put em on the 1.6.........

what to doooooooo!!!!!!!

make the decision 4 me preferably the cheaper of the 2......

raza
24-01-05, 12:27 PM
sall down to u m8 .. If the car looks ok but for 200 what else is wrong with it .. would be best to take it to a garage and ask them to look over it and see what is wrong with it .. then if it aint too bad get it i would

boredbloke
24-01-05, 12:32 PM
why not just transfer all the engine parts outa the gsi into urs?

you only wanted a new engine any way...?

raza
24-01-05, 12:33 PM
yea if the engine is good .. but if the body is better than yours keep the whole thing .

Jack
24-01-05, 01:35 PM
Buy it; if its no good, sell it to some chav for ?400 :wink:

Riggy
24-01-05, 06:01 PM
as said buy it and if you shell is any good keep it but for ?200 i cant see it

if its fucked re-shell it into yours or gives us a call lol ill take it :lol:

kevster
24-01-05, 07:00 PM
i wish i could find novas like that :cry:
i would get just for the lump and bit and bobs its a gsi :wink: