PDA

View Full Version : got my test on friday

deankenny
24-01-05, 11:25 AM
and im so nervous its unbelievable i got butterflies already i want it so much that if i fail i cant take it anybody got any tips??

Philsutton
24-01-05, 11:27 AM
to just try an forget its a test, the more you worry about it the more mistakes you'll make

raza
24-01-05, 11:29 AM
30 mins Max for your test just drive as you normally would with your instructor .. Try and make him laugh when u get in the car :) always a good start And REMember where u put the oil in the car cos he will ask ??s about that before u go . mine lasted 20 mins .. got 1 minor fault was cool

deankenny
24-01-05, 11:36 AM
what 2 special manouveres did u get asked to do, im also panicking on this

raza
24-01-05, 11:37 AM
i got a 3 point turn and reverse park 3 point turn easyest one of them all .. your in a tiny car with power stearing just use your hand break if your feeling nervous that way u wont roll back and hit curb and reverse park is easy as well as long as ure a foot a way from curb ure fine . if u think your going to hit the curb stop go out and do it again ! BUT REMEBER TO LOOK BEFORE YOU SET OFFF !!!!!! THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR

deankenny
24-01-05, 11:42 AM
so if i think im about to do a manourvre wrong i can go out to the start point and try again?

raza
24-01-05, 11:48 AM
Yes you get around 3 minuites to do a menover Just make sure that you stop look all around you before pulling out to do it again As long as you check your mirrors all the time ull pass check when breaking check when accelarating check when turning just literally check all the time and make sure u move your head so he can see you doing it

Aragorn
24-01-05, 11:59 AM
i was told u must use the handbrake when doing 3pt turns etc during the test or u would fail

the point when u remove your foot from the brake pedal and move it to the gas pedal with the foot still on the clutch is classed as the vehicle not being under proper control if the handbrake isnt on

if your doing a manoever and realise somthings going wrong stop drive back to the start and do it again

if u fluff the reverse round a corner for instance and end up over the white line u will fail, if u realise your going squint and correctly rectify the problem then you'll only get a minor

dont drive too slowly either - they WILL take u onto a NSL(ie 60mph single carridgeway or 70mph duallie) road and if u sit at 40 for no reason they will fail you

your instructor should have told u all of this tho

raza
24-01-05, 12:01 PM
i never failed for not using my hand break on a 3 point turn . If your confident using the clutch you can use it best to use hand break then you no u wont roll back

Marc
24-01-05, 02:04 PM
yeh jst take it steady mate you will be alright. again do as other people have said and drive noramally and dont do like me on my first test pull out on a speeding car lol i under estimated it.

oh yeh double checking everything is also a good idea then you have plenty of time to think about everything you do.

good luck mate :D

Jack
24-01-05, 02:07 PM
As long as you check your mirrors all the time ull pass check when breaking check when accelarating check when turning just literally check all the time and make sure u move your head so he can see you doing it
Agreed... Do it so the examiner can see you're looking in your mirrors.

Don't forget the three point turn doesn't have to be done in three points, so long as you don't touch the kerb you'll be fine :)

raza
24-01-05, 02:19 PM
53 point turn is fine:)

Riggy
24-01-05, 05:58 PM
its not a 3 point turn anymore

its turning in the road

and you WILL fail if you dont use your handbrake

TomWilly
24-01-05, 07:28 PM
a turn in the road using forward and reverse gears!

no handbrake turns today folks!

NOVA_JONO
24-01-05, 09:45 PM
I no how u feel mate, i had my test the other week, you've just got to think of it as a driving lesson and you'll be fine. Good luck!! :)

Adam
24-01-05, 10:26 PM
its not a 3 point turn anymore

its turning in the road

and you WILL fail if you dont use your handbrake

I didn't use handbrake and didn't fail, if your in a diesel car you can use the footbrake and clutch to get the car moving without rolling back. Without having to jump across to the accelerator as well as clutch.