PDA

View Full Version : corsa sri8v vs 1400SR?

Anonymous
25-02-02, 06:30 PM
a mate(well,nobsuck really) I know has an L-reg corsa SRi8v, he has an induction kit on it and grooved discs,15"s and I think thats it?-I am desperate for my newly purchased 1400 to kick its ass,I have a full stainless magnex(I think its full system,aint checked yet! lol) and a K&N at the mo,although a weber 32/34s going on v soon,have 16v brakes,15s,n full gsi suspension(dampers,roll bars n lowered springs) hes a crap driver anyways,but have I got anything near enough to take him on?

sweet 16"s?

Anonymous
25-02-02, 06:44 PM
i would hav thougth so, nova's are lighter anyways i think, and there lower on the ground so less resitance, and with the weebers u should hav more punch anyways, i dont know much about corsa sri's but either way they look shite.. girls cars if u ask me..

Anonymous
25-02-02, 06:58 PM
yup no problem, will do him easy m8 dont worry.

as long as u can drive properly

Anonymous
25-02-02, 07:41 PM
wot about a nova sri vs a corsa sri who would win then any ideas?

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

Anonymous
25-02-02, 09:55 PM
is it me or i thought they were the same engine.

u want tiles, cum to meeeeeee i get them much cheaper

Anonymous
25-02-02, 10:04 PM
yeah the nova sri and corsa sri 8v have the same engines.
But as mentioned the corsa is heavier, so in theory if both are in the same condition then the nova should win!!!!!!!!
How much difference do you think the weight and aerodynamics has on each cars 0-60 times?

Anonymous
25-02-02, 11:34 PM
corsa sri's have different gearbox final drive (nova 3.74:1, corsa 3.94:1), im told that the nova final drive is better. Also they must a a cat by law (because they are a modern bubble car) so a nova sri would beat it hands down.

live fast, die young, leave good looking corpse

Anonymous
26-02-02, 12:02 AM
I wouldnt chance it. Loosing to a corsa! Proposterous!!

Tomasti says say fuck all ;)

Anonymous
26-02-02, 09:15 AM
this lad bought his corsa 6 months ago,he had always had to go one better than me in everything-even at skool :( (voilins ahoy) but after 6 months of owning it,the only mods hes done is installed a sub,amp and 6x9s,a head unit an grooved discs-oh as well as his induction kit.
Im annoyed with my 1400 already,the autochoke is right annoying me now x-( as is not being able to wash it(cos Im being v lazy!) so in theory with the weber on I should hammer him into the ground?

sweet 16"s?

Anonymous
26-02-02, 06:52 PM
Nova Sri vs Corsa Sri.
how dare you compare. the nova Sri would kick ass. Im shocked that that question was asked. corsas are slow (with the exception of the Corsa GSi, and thats only cuz that should of gone in a nova!). other then that all corsas are cr:p and slow (exlcuding any new 1.8's that may have came out). oh yeah including the 16v sports, too restrictive to be fast. I run circles around them all day (then they come out the house and tell me to pi$$ of running around their car!)

and as for racing, its gonna be about drivers skill bob. the 8v SRi engine is a fast engine though (well it is in mine), just make sure you get a good start and hit redline in everygear.

Anonymous
26-02-02, 07:28 PM
To be honest, i'd have my Corsa back any day. Handling, even with suspension done feels shite in comparisons, whole car feels loss. Corsa was far more rigid, steering much more accurate, better put together. And, yes I know this would seem obvious since it is a replacement, but at the end of the day it's true, Corsa is superior over the Nova. I had a '97 model MKI. My mums got a new MKII SXi. These are awesome in standard form. Handling as standard much better than my lowered one. (Could be because this car is wider than a Vectra!!!). They are slammed already, 15" alloys, sport seats, white dials, alloy interior details. (could do with bigger engine 1.2 16V - 75bhp). Saying that I won't be getting one, Astra MK4 Sxi for me! :D