PDA

View Full Version : Will Seats, Doorcards fit in the boot of my nova ?

Nick
23-01-05, 09:22 PM
I'm due to go collect a mint set of GSi interior

(front Doorcards,rear seats, Front seats (with subframes)

and i'm wondering whether they will fit in my boot with the seats folded down !?

Has anyone done this before ?

im travelling 70 miles so it'l be nice to be sure they'l fit in !

thanks nick

raza
23-01-05, 09:26 PM
Hmm dont no will be a tight fit Not the biggest boots are they if ure on ure own u can stick bits in the front seat back seat and the boot should be good to go then .

burgo
23-01-05, 09:30 PM
cant you wip out your rear seat then you can sit the front seats up in the back of yours and pile everything else around them

Will
23-01-05, 10:01 PM
yes they will fit in done many times :)

Fester
23-01-05, 10:01 PM
Yes they will fit, the front seats need to be turned upside side and the wrong way round and loaded in on top of the rear bench with it still upright (but unclipped and lose if I can remember), then the other stuff just goes in any place you can get space :wink:

Riggy
23-01-05, 10:21 PM
lol yeah the will fit

put the front to seats on top of the rear bench with the bench in its normal position and then the 4 peices of the rear bench can go in the middle of the 2 fronts and all the door cards etc can go in the boot

Nick
23-01-05, 10:54 PM
cool

now will my dodgyly runing 1.2 make it ther ?

maybe someone can answer that one

burgo
23-01-05, 10:58 PM
it'll make it there but the trip home looks dodgy lol

Nick
23-01-05, 11:34 PM
Cheers mystic meg

as long as the merchandise has been aquired.

Mel
25-01-05, 08:18 PM
The 1.2 will make it there a back, dont fret. Mine made it (grudgingly) from Milton Keynes to Birmingham (ish) and back well enough, and still had plenty of go.

Have faith in the old thing :wink:

Nick
25-01-05, 09:02 PM
it's not bad...

just a major carb icing problem, fueling/mixture, alternator belt, alternator

just quick things really, but i can't be bothered fixing them !

dan-hipgrave
25-01-05, 09:40 PM
I'm due to go collect a mint set of GSi interior

(front Doorcards,rear seats, Front seats (with subframes)

and i'm wondering whether they will fit in my boot with the seats folded down !?

Has anyone done this before ?

im travelling 70 miles so it'l be nice to be sure they'l fit in !

thanks nick

LOL been wondering the same thing myself mate - am going to collect a full GSi interior and full mk2 front end on saturday morning..

Am taking a mate with me, and we are hoping that i can get the interior in my car and the mk2 front end into his car....

Nick
25-01-05, 09:49 PM
i had a stroke of genius!

take your rear seats out, and then you can put the new rear bench into position, you could even take your doorcards off.

then you've only got the front seats to fit in the rear of the car.

Dan - have you got a split folding rear seat?

if not, you'l have to weld a bracket on to accomodate the split rear seat mechanism i think - you may want to get that off the donor car if you can. i'm not 100% sure on that, so someone should beable to set me right.

Nick
25-01-05, 09:50 PM
i'm not going till sunday , so you can tell me whether it works !

dan-hipgrave
25-01-05, 10:24 PM
hmmm not sure about the split rear bench - the interior is for my new 3door, which i havent been inside since i picked it up at the weekend, and its not being kept at my house lol

I think its not got a split rear bench so looks like im gonna have to find someone handy with a welder...

I will let you know how much i can get into my car mate :wink:

SRimon
25-01-05, 10:32 PM
lol i got full calibra leather in the boot of my nova, i'm sure its possible :lol: :lol: