PDA

View Full Version : My new Nova...

Rexy
23-01-05, 03:46 PM
After a few years of owning a fair few different Non Vax car's I decided to purchase a nova, After ages and ages of looking and being let down i found a yellow sr 1.3.

It was based around 150 miles away down south, the pikkies looked pretty koo so on that i pretty much bought it.

When i got there, looking round the nova, It seems the photo's had hidden a fair bit of welding that had gone on, mainly to the sills and rear arches. Quick look under the bonnet and the chassis legs are fine, Headlight surround and inner wing to N/s need patching and the lower n/s inner also needs patching as its beggining to go threw.

It cost me ?270, and as yet it's not been stripped out, serviced or anything.

The oil looked pretty fresh so i took it up to the local moorlands last night, I was extremely tired after a really long day but never the less i went up.

It took a little while to get used to, the pedal position at the moment is shite and i couldnt quite get heel and toe with it (the acc pedal sits higher than the brake) the car feels loose and the wheels certainly need re- balancing. I couldnt drive it for shit in honesty, I'm putting it down to lack of confidence with the car and the tiredness.

It's going to college tomorrow for a full inspection, i'm going to have a look what needs welding etc.

Then i'll start to slowly modify her. First up, I'm going to have to source a corsa and steal the hub's/c.v/wheels bearings etc - Mainly due to them being stronger (well i belive they are anyways) Next up is the brakes, ate 16v 256mm jobbies will suffice along with a set of 14" astra GTE wheels.

Suspension certainly needs playing with, and I think i'll give Bilstein a go this time, using GSI or Spring's ( i dont want it too low)

Once i'm confident with the handeling ability and the car gives good feedback i'll get the cage and bucket seats in there.

and thats it really...

Till the engine blow's / I roll it / stuff it into a tree etc.

GT