PDA

View Full Version : fusion rear number plate light

novafling
23-01-05, 12:06 PM
i have just got a fusion rear. and i am really stuck on how and where to put a number plate light. is there anyother kind of light, or way that you can illuminate the number plate? cheers people.

jonny_mcc
23-01-05, 06:26 PM
I just had this problem when i flushed my tailgate but i got bolt lights from demon tweeks. They were about thirty quid but worth it. I'll put up picks when i get a chance

5_door owner
23-01-05, 06:55 PM
all you need to do is get some w@nker lights (neon washerjets) get some in white for about ?3 to ?5 on ebay, then wire them up so the light shines onto the plate, job done for all or ?3-?5

cheaper option to the light bolts. and easy to do

Jos
23-01-05, 07:59 PM
or perhaps attached a small white neon to the bumper, making sure you cannot see it, only the glow onto the number plate

D4 VEB
26-01-05, 08:09 PM
or if u want to be reaally smart then get a TVR(i think) backlit
number plate and u dont need any lights

Glytch
05-02-05, 09:35 PM
i got a light up nmum,ber plate surround from halfords. they look a little like xmas lights but theyve grown on me and im kinda fond of them now.
i'll see if ive got any picks as ive just reshelled my car and aint got round to fitting it yet.

Glytch
05-02-05, 09:53 PM
http://www.ballandboyd.co.uk/glyn/ebay/bumperLights.jpg
Aint a great pic but u get the idea

General Baxter
05-02-05, 09:56 PM
lol at the chavy spolier :lol:

Ricks
05-02-05, 09:58 PM
or u can do wht i did go down to a moto store and get a towing light and use the wires from ur old wire to connect to tht. this will set u back about ?15 with spray included. part is ?4.99

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/richyboy1987/jacl009.jpg

General Baxter
05-02-05, 10:01 PM
Glytch - i would fail your car if it went to my MOT station!

as in that photo your plate it being lite up by the flash of the cam, but on a dark road, the little lights are doing bugger all, just point out! they need to the pointed on the plate so the plate lights up :lol:

+ there red ;)

Glytch
05-02-05, 11:13 PM
ye ur right baxter, somehow it got through the MOT with no light, just there to keep the pigs a little happier really, least this way i can say that i have attempted to someit about it,
as for the spoiler, once again i agree, it does look a little chaved up but thats only cos i aint gopt round to doin anythin with it, the car was waitin to be srapped and has now been reshelled, ive lkept the spoiler though, reckon its the most suited to a nova, just been flushed and colour coded now though