PDA

View Full Version : All change!!

m.d.
23-01-05, 12:04 PM
well ive gone all soft in my old age.

ive got myself a black gsi nova interior (by far the best they ever put in a nova) all the carpets vinals and plastics. a mint mk2 dash and a free car with it lol.
srimon i think is having the 1.6i gte motor for his little project

im going to fit the full interior and leccy windows to mine, and maybe have a small bit of ice just for good measure.

well thats the inside and should be done by tuesday.

the engine in mine has been provisionally sold to a mate who will be using it for a hill climb and sprint nova. and ive just got a 2.0 16v engine from stt on CSW (mainly mig i think) so that will be fitted next weekend. just got to get my gsi spoiler and vented bonnet painted and it should be a very nice car to drive and look at. all ready for the few open days coming up,
what do you lot think of my madness, ill get a few pics as its going on

Riggy
23-01-05, 12:09 PM
sounds very good mate :D

get the pics up

James B
23-01-05, 05:04 PM
good choice mate, comfort over rally slag any day IMO

whitty_nova_1300sr
23-01-05, 06:04 PM
love the gsi int. thts wot i want in mine

benji
23-01-05, 06:11 PM
good choice mate, comfort over rally slag any day IMO

stuff that. if you want a comfy car don't drive a nova.

Snowface
23-01-05, 06:53 PM
hear hear!

scott.parker
23-01-05, 07:13 PM
Nice one md sounds like a nice little project to be getting on with,so your def doing the c20xe then...humm,well there ok mate :wink:

As for you james you never said that when we wer playing with that merc on the way back from MK

Les is more in my eyes :lol:

good choice mate, comfort over rally slag any
day IMO

scott

SRimon
23-01-05, 07:16 PM
Mate my XE with an interior still flew! :D

Its gonna be class mate, mines still nicer inside tho :P

raza
23-01-05, 07:22 PM
should be cool when its all in

m.d.
23-01-05, 07:35 PM
Mate my XE with an interior still flew! :D

Its gonna be class mate, mines still nicer inside tho :P

lol. just cos i cant afford leather. YET!!!

dont get me wrong benji i love the stripped theame its just ive got to do several trips to brighton from plymouth in the near future and its harsh doing a 4.5 hour trip with all the noise you get with no carpets and 45s.

i will however be keeping my buckets harnesses and cage for the weekend warrior that ill build when i get the space to store and build it. and yes it will be a nova. but more like dans

James B
23-01-05, 09:13 PM
As for you james you never said that when we wer playing with that merc on the way back from MK

lol ssshhh mate :P

m.d.
28-01-05, 06:00 PM
finally some pics for you peeps

nothing massively bling or ecsessive is my new interior but its rare and i like it a lot. still got a few switches, trims and guages to fit and im getting some new mats, but other than that it just needs a hoover.
http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules/Gallery/albums/album178/100_0355.jpg
http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules/Gallery/albums/album178/100_0354.jpg
http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules/Gallery/albums/album178/100_0353.jpg

Riggy
28-01-05, 10:45 PM
looks nice mate , are you fitting the dash aswell

m.d.
28-01-05, 11:39 PM
ive not got the gsi dash or door cards so im concidering painting the extra bits in black to match it all.

cornish
29-01-05, 05:03 AM
Pah, that looks rubbish, strip it all out and get a cage and buckets in there :P :lol:

Mike.
29-01-05, 07:20 AM
i agree with cornish it would look better stripped out and caged up, would look much better, but it is your car....................

m.d.
29-01-05, 10:08 AM
Pah, that looks rubbish, strip it all out and get a cage and buckets in there :P :lol:

been there done that...... :D
http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules/Gallery/albums/album138/inside_boot.jpg
it had better hearnesses and seats than that pic but its the last one i have

pointless for a road car imo. ive kept the cage hearnesses and buckets for another nova project that would not be my daily driver. one day lol

nova_kev
29-01-05, 10:32 AM
nice

-Bruce-
29-01-05, 11:10 AM
Probably the best way to have a nice full interior in a normall car and a fully striped track car. So you have the best of both worlds.

I do realy like the GSi interior even compared to my nice GTE stuff.

Bruce