PDA

View Full Version : 22 spline shafts, who uses them???

m.d.
23-01-05, 11:27 AM
ive been running gte shafts on my 2.1 and apart from my cv joint knocking due to having a split cv boot for a month last year. (new boot now and still knocks lol) they have been fine. ive done track days. a lot of hard lane driving and a few 0-60 tests and ive had no probs at all.....

im getting a valver at the end of the week with the plan on getting the power to about 200 bhp as i go.

im just interested on who still runs these shafts and what sort of power they have put thro them.

david dixon
23-01-05, 11:33 AM
they'll be fine mate, most my mates use them and they running carbs etc. one of them is using a v6 in a corsa with corsa gsi shafts and its fine to, also know a lad with everything done to his valver (nearly) and its using 22 splines! (over 200bhp)

Riggy
23-01-05, 11:34 AM
i think alot of people prefer the gte shafts :D

i know of a few cars runin them a few XEs and a turbo and none have had a probleam

yet when they was runin the so called unbreakable ones :lol: they broke 3 off them

m.d.
23-01-05, 11:40 AM
lol at the unbraekable shafts. thats what im worried about. spending 300 nicker on them and they just snap when ive got 2 sets of gte 22 spline shafts at home. (1 set spare incace they do decide to let go at pod or something.)

david dixon
23-01-05, 11:43 AM
I do recommend the 22 spilne shafts but i carn't complain with my fat shafts and machined hubs yet, they have seen about 7 years of shit and iv never had a joint, bearing, hub or shaft go yet! (touch wood) :lol:

Philsutton
23-01-05, 11:59 AM
i broke one of those uinbreakable ones, after 10 mins from completing the 2lt conversion they snapped lol

cornish
24-01-05, 01:53 AM
I've got them on my 2L 8V at the moment and intend to run LET power through them shortly so will let you know :)

Lee H
24-01-05, 10:23 AM
I'm running them on my LET Nova with no problems, just got Phase 2 now so will see how they like that!!

Jonlem
24-01-05, 11:35 AM
Hd a phase 3 LET nova with TD shafts, 2nd gear full throttle launch and no breakages, there now on my mates xe nova and they still haven't broken yet. They are much better than the Courtenay shafts, the cossvaux and Mann shafts are very good but obviously a lot more money so this is the cheap alternative but for once it seems the cheapest option isn't the worst