PDA

View Full Version : New Model development

ade
22-01-05, 11:54 PM
Hi chums,

Thought I'd let you know I've updated the modelnovas.com site under the "development" link, with the beginnings of the development of the new model.

Spent the last few days carving a base shape using the plans ste gave me. I had to create drawing from above and the front but the drawings I had gave me enough info.

the next stage is to cover the qhole thing in silver foil as a covering to protect the base from heat and then add the polymer sculpting clay. At present the model is accurate to 1:18 scale - even at this rough stage. With the clay on it'll really start to take shape - especially around the wheel arches which give the Nova the distinctive shape.

I'll continue to post pics as it developed over the next few weeks.

Once its ready I plan to get it professionally cast which will save me a TON of time in prep work...

Cheers for looking

Ade

:wink:

Riggy
23-01-05, 10:59 AM
bloody hell ade youve got some skill mate :D

these ones look like there gonna be better then the others :o (is that possible)

keep it up mate and i look forward to the updates :D

srs1
23-01-05, 01:19 PM
agreed with riggy, that looks like it took some time and patiences.

keep it up matey

Stuart
23-01-05, 01:41 PM
do a few 1/10th scale shells ;) lol

then again they will be totally out of proportion.

Nick
23-01-05, 02:19 PM
it looks flipping hard

when i get some time, and a drawing board at home (soon)

i'l draw up some peoples nova's with the the old paralell motion.

once i get the Base model completly sorted it'd be a peice of pish to recreate them

Mel
23-01-05, 07:12 PM
Wow, the old models were stunning, so these are sure to be just as fab.

Well done on the hard work!

raza
23-01-05, 07:21 PM
qaulity wunt mind a modle of mine when its fully done

scott.parker
23-01-05, 07:25 PM
Verry nice ade,they look a lot better mate,im happy with mine,but my sister did say to me that my model's bonnet looked longer than it should be,she's right,still its good,so can i put my name down for another one when there ready :wink: :D

scott

raza
23-01-05, 07:31 PM
How much do they cost?

Riggy
23-01-05, 07:32 PM
www.modelnovas.com

all info is on the site ?80 for std kits

ade
23-01-05, 08:57 PM
just added the next stage of the model development.

All I have to do now is apply the skin. That should in theory be straight forward - but you never know...especially where heat and ovens are involved!

:lol:

So far its taken about 12 hours to get that far. I reckon the next phase will take a tad longer - will be taking my time...

Ade
:wink:

raza
23-01-05, 09:30 PM
They must take some serious time and patience to do that m8 i could never do it im inpatient :(

boredbloke
24-01-05, 12:42 PM
Heya mate,

Will you be doing 5 door novas?

I know they're rare but they still exist!!

My car wouldn't the same as a two door!

Whas happening with ade's garage anyway have you done any more??

ade
27-01-05, 06:21 PM
eventually - along with saloons. Current priority is to make the 3 door one again.