PDA

View Full Version : are there really nice coppers out there???

NovaloadedAgain
22-01-05, 01:17 PM
I got pulled on a dual carriage way (40mph) doing 87mph! Whoops, When asked I said I was probably doin 45mph, He then said I want to see your engine coz if its a 1.4 its bloody amazin! I was slightly shocked, & He took a real interest in my twin 40's & generally the whole car, He said drive more sensibly etc etc but let me off!

Keep up the good work, He even liked my illegally spaced private plate
J7 OVA!!!

AMAZIN!

Nick
22-01-05, 01:20 PM
right ok

Dave
22-01-05, 01:47 PM
think he may have known you lied to him about the speed :lol:
or else how would he know it's a 'bloody amazin' engine??

you were lucky he was in a good mood or he could have had your licence endorced for double the speed limit, and spacing of the plate

there are some good coppers out there but they seem to be out numbered by the ones that pick on modified car drivers as we are usually easy targets for boosting their numbers nearer the targets set by government

NovaloadedAgain
22-01-05, 02:04 PM
Yeah i was very lucky!

He said to me he was having a good day but nxt time he see's me overtakin n drivin fast he will screw me!
Hope he didnt mean the way I think he did! lol.

Still... Modified Nova's around my area are few n far between. So its usually blacked out punto's n Fiesta's that get pulld.

Nick
22-01-05, 02:17 PM
well, it was a shame you didn't get points for driving like an idiot

it's not clever.

srs1
22-01-05, 03:16 PM
i totally hate this attitude people have towards the police.

it is a simple system they have.
if you drive like a nobber, you'll get done.
simple as that.

if your driving at 2 am in 2nd (at high revs) gear past a copper, he'll pull you for drawing attention to yourself.
if you are speeding (we all do it) then what do you exspect!

i have had bans etc on my liscence and not for being a good lad, speeding.
i dont do it in a any built up areas, and since then. i have had a gte for over a year, a gsi with xe conversion since feb last year. and i aint been pulled once. you can ask anyone on here. its not a quiet car either. but i dont drive it like a tool.

Nick
22-01-05, 03:59 PM
well said sean

unforntunatly i've had a bad expirience with the police (a policeman logged false complaints about my driving) totally through no fault of my own.

so i carry a chip on my shoulder.

but yes, if you drive at 87mph in a 40 zone, your a complete shaft

Mike
22-01-05, 04:56 PM
congrat's. ur a tool! :x

87mph in a 40 isnt nothing to be proud off!

and yes, there are good coppers out there :wink:

NovaloadedAgain
22-01-05, 05:38 PM
Lol, u guys need to calm down.

Its not like it was 9am rush hour, It was 2.30am as I came off an A-Road. Obviously I was slowin down but as I came to the bend to join the dual carriageway he'd already clocked me from 700 metres away! he was sittin at the side of the embankment. couldnt even see him. Cheeky.

U can ask ne1, My car very rarely gets ragged, Its had far too much cash spent on it for me 2 a) Crash it b) lose my licence.

I dont condone speedin usually, Ive seen a few little children hit before, not nice. But we all abuse our cars on A,B,M Roads. just be careful guys, coz there actually everywhere, & in places you would least expect.

Mike
22-01-05, 05:52 PM
there actually everywhere, & in places you would least expect.

yeah, hideing in undercover silver T5's round my way

NovaloadedAgain
22-01-05, 05:55 PM
Yeah mate, There mostly in BMW 5 series round here silver aswell.

Nick
22-01-05, 06:49 PM
Lol, u guys need to calm down.

Its not like it was 9am rush hour, It was 2.30am .

in some respects that makes it even worse.

tirdness,fatigue whatever you want to call it.

NovaloadedAgain
22-01-05, 06:54 PM
None of them mate when u work nights n start work at 3am! Jus startin my day wide n awake, Wish it werent so feckin early mind.

srs1
22-01-05, 08:00 PM
i dont need to calm down mate, thank you very much.

you can drive as hard or as slow as you want.
i drive my car hard, i dont deny that, but in built up areas i dont.

my point before (nick) thinks that i am condoneing your actions of getting caught doing 87 in a 40 is.

stop saying that coppers are at fault.
in this case you were plain and simple speeding. if you lost your liscence weather its 2 am or 3.30pm on a school road. speeding is speeding and only you are to blame.
not a bad copper.

basically, i hate peoples opinoions saying that the copper is at fault when he is only doing his job. i have been caught and never complain.
if a cop has (years ago) pulled me, i say that i have been honest etc

Mike
22-01-05, 09:51 PM
yeah, well put sean!

i personally know a few of the west midlands police force (family friends etc) and after work there just a dodgy and tax evading as the next man! ill sell them dodgy CD's etc all the time.

just because they are the law, doesnt mean they abide to it all the time!

he was doing his job, give them some slack. :roll:

Nick
23-01-05, 03:08 PM
There are some nasty peices of work around.

but if you get caught speeding, then you get caught speeding. Simple as. your own fault.

Would you complain if a policeman cuaght you for a murder you commited ?

Policemen are fine when they are doing their honest job.

They turn into gonks when they are just abusing their position and causing unessecary greif.

Ricks
23-01-05, 11:59 PM
well said i agree with u and sean i dont speed in built up area but on a normal road ill go 75 mph tops no need pushing it.

NovaloadedAgain
24-01-05, 09:30 AM
I dont think youve read this post properly. It wasnt exactly a built up area, Motorways & A-roads etc have no busy high streets or houses etc.
He clocked me from a million metres away! jus about to join a dual carriageway.
I was slowing down but he still had clocked from long way back. The motorway & A-roads are the only roads around London u can get past 40mph without getting clocked by a camera, As for Dave he is simply commenting that speeding or not, getting pulled in a nice modified motor can be for any reason.

As for speeding like Ive said its practically impossible around here anyway, so if u cant enjoy your car on an empty A-Road in the raly hours....When can u? Unless you have a mate who owns an old aircraft runway.

Long have the days past where boys smash there Novas into high street lamp posts, The nova's left on the road are enthusiasts & dont drive like twats, If you see my car you would see. But we've got to be able to enjoy our cars havent we?!

sTuDeNt
24-01-05, 05:58 PM
There you go, same cry over and over again! Its been said before and we all have our own heads on our sholders and some use it properly and some dont.

I its a time to stop bringing this topic up...

rachaelrebekah
24-01-05, 06:18 PM
novaloadedagain u r so wrong bout the days of nova owners driving twats, most of the nova owners round here do drive like that coz they think they are ace n own the king of all boy racers cars!! grow up mate n stop moaning bout cops they only doing there job!!

Philsutton
24-01-05, 06:28 PM
grow up mate n stop moaning bout cops they only doing there job
i would like to agreed with you on that one but when ever i have needed to police for a real crime they arent interested, even said that they werent going to bother doing anything about it.

Shame they dont "do" their job well when it counts

rachaelrebekah
24-01-05, 06:49 PM
i would like to agreed with you on that one but when ever i have needed to police for a real crime they arent interested, even said that they werent going to bother doing anything about it.

Shame they dont "do" their job well when it counts

i agree u with u there to some extent, when our old house got broken into they caught the guy in three weeks but they just seem interested in catching motorists at the moment.

if u read the local paper here there is always something in it about someone being caught speeding or drink driving u near hear anything bout burgulars being caught or killers being locked up.

a few months ago one of my old school mates was killed n i dont even know if they caught the guy that did coz nothing has been said bout it, the last thing in the paper was that they was questioning someone over it.

skud52
24-01-05, 07:06 PM
why have a go at him, its not like your going to do anything about it, just moan, and its not like you dont boot your car when you think its safe

lucky mate, coppers can be wankers at times, and its usually when there with another one

i used to rag ma car around and enjoy doing it, but i never had any problems cuz i knew when i could

get over it all of you, you wont make the roads a safer place by moaning every time a newbie posts something like this

Philsutton
24-01-05, 07:12 PM
yeah but you ragged it round at PV hitting people in wheel chairs lol

skud52
24-01-05, 07:16 PM
did i fuck hit a person in a wheel chair, i think it was a kid on a bike, but i didnt actually hit him

boredbloke
24-01-05, 09:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you know u guys are funny...

Phil i agree wiv ya cops neva seem to be there when u need them... how often do you here things about them stopping things like muggins, attacks etc

They DO pick on ppl in moddifed cars, and probly always will

Sean are you really trying to tell me whne the police stopped you you didn't sit their with either a) an attitude or b) a scared shitless face?? yeah right as the cop pulled off you probly called him all the names under the sun and swore blind he was out to get you!!

and any of ya that actually don't put your foot to the floor when you see an open motorway or a big old wide road at night when it's clear are lieing through your teeth!!!

Why else would you drive a nova, it's not comfortable, it's nt that good looking, it's possibly known as one of the most boyracerish cars ever, but it's car that can be drivin, and the faster you go the more of a rush you get....

why else would you guys put these massive engines in and use the car on the road still...

boredbloke
24-01-05, 09:03 PM
novaloadedagain u r so wrong bout the days of nova owners driving t**t, most of the nova owners round here do drive like that coz they think they are ace n own the king of all boy racers cars!! grow up mate n stop moaning bout cops they only doing there job!!

Ya know your quite funny too....

So i assume by your sig that you drive like a good gurl, either that or you just felt like hitting out at novaloadedagain...?

rachaelrebekah
24-01-05, 10:29 PM
Why else would you drive a nova, it's not comfortable, it's nt that good looking, it's possibly known as one of the most boyracerish cars ever, but it's car that can be drivin, and the faster you go the more of a rush you get....

why else would you guys put these massive engines in and use the car on the road still...

actually yeah coz i dont drive a nova!!!

i was trying to point out to novaloaded again that there are still ppl who drive novas like twats some of the ppl on here have even admitted to it. Novas will always be cars that get used n abused!!!!

Mike.
24-01-05, 10:38 PM
some cops can be good, and mearly doing there job but others can be complete prats.

there playing good cop bad cop :lol:

NovaloadedAgain
25-01-05, 09:15 AM
Thanks Bored Bloke,

This is quite funny, Your all being a bit two faced here I think, Lets be honest, We all use our cars for pleasure.

Like bored bloke said....Y put a 1.6 8v Corsa engine in your car same with 2Ltr 16v's?????

Its the difference between bein a nob, and rinsin your car at 3.30 when theres alot of traffic & children or in my case zero traffic, no cars on the road etc, Possibly the safest time to have a little fly by in your hot hatch.

This subject was posted to point out, WE ALL ABUSE OUR CARS WHEN WE FEEL ITS SAFE. BUT BE CAREFUL. THE COPS ARE EVERYWHERE, SOME HIDING & WAITIN.

I was lucky but at the same time the cop was a decent chap, He had been my age before & had the same amount of fun with his car & Im sure he wouldnt have been so lenient If I was drivin like that at 9am or during the school run. Saying that I rarely abuse my car anyway, Other then on the Motorway. So you get what you deserve.
Im just pointing out, When we all test our cars, Now im sure theres valver owners who are reading this that have had 140mph out of there cars??? Doubt that was on a school run or a 30mph street?!

There are alot of decent coppers out there, But all the same, Its worth pointing out that the tracks the best place to truelly test your car.

Stuart
25-01-05, 11:09 AM
Yawn

stop argunimg kids

some people drive like knobs all the time, some only part of the time. the police are here and will always be biased towards motroists as its good money lol

get over it!