PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a front panel

Nick
21-01-05, 07:00 PM
Right.

noticed the only rust problem on my car !

The front panel is starting to rott at the bottom (the panel that is exposed once the from bumper is taken off)

unfortunatly the rott has started to spread onto the bottom of the front wings.

I don't want a repair job, i'd prefer to get the panel cutt out and replaced to ensure the rest of the car stays mint. the wings need to be rolled and replaced anyway due to my tyres catching on them

How much am i looking at for it to be done ? (i'd get it done in the summer when the engine is completly out)

cruisingscotland
21-01-05, 07:03 PM
here ya go matey,i just ordered mine last nite,my one is rotted got a few holes init,im just getting me mate to cut the old one off n weld the new one! :D

http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/ShopDetails.asp?ProductID=1850[/img][/url]

Nick
21-01-05, 07:06 PM
that goes all the way up and mates with the bottom of the lights !?

is that the WHOLE of the front panel ?

hard to recognise it lol as it's covered by my bumper :-)

cruisingscotland
21-01-05, 07:08 PM
http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/ShopDetails.asp?ProductID=1847

;)[/url]

Nick
21-01-05, 07:11 PM
thanks mate, it's just the bottom bit that i need.

it's just rotting on the bottom, on the top (off the thick bar along the bottom) and at each corner/egde where it's meeting the wings, it's also started to attack the wings too.

it probably could be sanded and cutt out, and then welded up, but i'd rather do it properly.

Anyone know how much it costs to spray (with stonegaurd) and chop it out, weld it in ?

briscoe2004
21-01-05, 07:52 PM
nick, the part you are refering to is on www.sel-imperial.co.uk and can be bought for ?17.25 or ?30.25 for the full front panel and cross member :wink:

Nick
21-01-05, 08:13 PM
whereabouts in lancashire are you mate ?

thanks

Mike.
21-01-05, 08:58 PM
lol mines a different story it needs a complete front panel, the lower part and the slam panel

Matt2107
24-01-05, 11:32 AM
Nick,

I'd probably go with the whole front panel, from the bottom all the way up.

It'd be much better in the long run and for ?30 you cant go wrong.

Will
24-01-05, 01:59 PM
before i start if this sounds harsh its not meant to be im just fuked off with coursework.

using your nova everyday especially during the winter months with salt all over the road is going to cause it to rust which cant be helped.

good idea in theory to replace the panel and the like but carry on using it and u will be replacing panels left right and centre.

just sumthing to bear in mind :)

krobinson
24-01-05, 04:00 PM
Buy the pannel from vauxhall ?200.

Pattern parts dont fit right, and will leave your lights, grill etc out of line!

Keith