PDA

View Full Version : 6 interior neons?

novafling
21-01-05, 06:36 PM
hi, just wondering if i could put 6 neons inside? at the mo, i have two under the front footwells, and two just inder each ash tray at the back. these 4 are running off a 4way ciggy lighter adaptor. just wondering if i could add another adaptor, and put two more neons in? i would use the 2nd adaptor out of the 1st one. cheers.

dan-hipgrave
21-01-05, 06:51 PM
anything is possible if you are willing to put the work in..

Rather than using an adaptor though, why not hard wire them in to the wires behind the dash then you can have as many neons as you want :roll:

novafling
21-01-05, 07:06 PM
what wires behind the dash do you mean? if i used the cig adaptors, would it be safe? and ok?

novafling
21-01-05, 07:12 PM
oh, plus mate, on ur feature, u say uve got a 1.3sr inlet manifold. can this easily be fitted? and do i just go to a scrappy and get one? does it make any diffeerence in bhp or performance or sound?

TomWilly
21-01-05, 07:24 PM
just take out the ashtray and use terminal blocks, run the two wires from the cigarette lighter to the terminal block and as many wires as you want out. i got two front footwell ones, two rear and one in the middle.

dan-hipgrave
21-01-05, 10:42 PM
oh, plus mate, on ur feature, u say uve got a 1.3sr inlet manifold. can this easily be fitted? and do i just go to a scrappy and get one? does it make any diffeerence in bhp or performance or sound?

The 1.3sr inlet manifold is purely so that the Weber 32/34 DTML carb will fit as thats the only manifold it fits onto.

Overall, the carb and the K&N filter make a huge difference to performance and sound mate, well recommended!